Sheryl's Brussel Sprouts. At the mention of Brussels Sprouts, most people turn up their nose. For whatever reason, Brussels Sprouts have gotten a bad reputation. Most likely because of how they have been cooked.
Brussel sprouts nutrition is incredibly richer in various health-benefiting phytochemical compounds such as sinigrin, indoles, sulforaphane, xanthin and carotene, and vitamins than found in any other. The Best Shaved Brussel Sprouts Recipes on Yummly Shaved Brussels Sprouts With Frizzled Ham, Shaved Brussel Sprout Saute, Shaved Brussel Sprouts Salad With Cranberries, Pepitas And. You can have Sheryl's Brussel Sprouts using 3 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sheryl's Brussel Sprouts
- Prepare 2 lb of brussel sprouts.
- You need 1 tsp of bacon drippings.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Lawrys seasoning.
Try Ina Garten's classic Roasted Brussels Sprouts recipe from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network. The key to a perfect roasted vegetable is a hot oven. What is the best way to shred brussel sprouts? I have a food processor, four-sided grater, sharp knives.
Sheryl's Brussel Sprouts instructions
- Rinse and remove any stem from sprouts.
- In 2 quart sauce pan add 11/4 cup water, sprouts and bacon drippings Place over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat cover and Steam/simmer 15-20 min until desired doness.
- Remove place in serving dish sprinkle with bacon bits and serve hot.
We were drawn to this recipe because it approaches this fall-favorite vegetable in a way we'd never tried before. Roasted brussels sprouts stirred into a bacon cheese sauce for a rich, indulgent take on veggies. Toss Brussels sprouts with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cut sprouts lengthwise in half, then cut crosswise into thin slices. Sauteed Brussel Sprouts are finally taking their place in the side dish spotlight because they are so If you've never seen Brussel sprouts grow before, they grow sticking out of a huge stalk (kind of like.