Brussels sprout, chestnuts and chicken tart.. Roasted chestnuts are one of the many reasons to love autumn cooking. In this recipe, we're harnessing their On the side, we're serving roasted sweet potato dressed with lemon-marinated onion, for a tart twist that with Chestnut & Brussels Sprout Pan Sauce. I created this tart a few years ago because I wanted to stretch one of my favorite winter side dishes–tangy Brussels sprouts with salty pancetta and meaty chestnuts–toward spring.
First, put a medium pan of water on to boil. Take a bowl and mix water and corn starch until they are smooth. Add chicken stock and stir the mixture well. You can cook Brussels sprout, chestnuts and chicken tart. using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brussels sprout, chestnuts and chicken tart.
- You need 200 grams of ready made shortcrust pastry.
- Prepare 7 of cooked brussels sprouts.
- You need 200 grams of cooked chicken.
- It’s 100 grams of precooked chestnuts.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 of egg yolk.
- You need 150 ml of double cream.
- You need 150 ml of creme fraiche.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
Sprouts and chestnuts are naturals together. Adding orange is a touch of genius. Roast Brussels sprouts and chesnuts together on a pan for an easy side dish recipe that's perfect for the holidays. Combine sprouts and chestnuts in a large bowl.
Brussels sprout, chestnuts and chicken tart. step by step
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Roll out pastry on a floured board to about 3mm thick..
- Line an 8 inch flan dish with the pastry and place in the fridge for 15 mins.
- When chilled, fill with parchment paper and baking beans and cook for ten mins. Remove beans and paper after this time and cook for further 5 mins until dry..
- Leave to cool whilst preparing the filling..
- Chop the chicken into bite sized pieces, quarter the sprouts and separate the chestnuts…
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, yolk and cream lightly to mix. Add creme fraiche and season generously..
- Place chicken, chestnuts and sprouts in the case. Pour the egg mixture over the top..
- Return to the oven for 12 mins until the custard is set and golden in colour..
- Eat warm or cold. :-).
Add oil, salt, and peppers; toss well to coat. Spread in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan. Brussels sprouts with chestnuts is a festive side dish that should convert even the most adamant of sprout-haters! Like them or loathe them, sprouts are a staple part of Christmas dinner country-wide. We all associate this little vegetable with the festive season, but there is no reason why they shouldn't.