Caramelized Brussels Sprouts. Brussels sprouts caramelize in bacon fat and tossed with crispy bacon, sautéed onions, garlic and tangy balsamic glaze. There's actually a great story behind this sprout recipe. These Curried Caramelized Brussels Sprouts have the best of both worlds.
Taken from Better Homes & Gardens magazine, and upgraded! Place Brussels sprouts in a steamer basket over boiling water. Brussels sprouts aren't a vegetable that you might be excited about cooking, especially if you're used to having them boiled and bland. You can cook Caramelized Brussels Sprouts using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Caramelized Brussels Sprouts
- You need 1 lb. of brussels sprouts, washed, drained and patted dry, trimmed and halved lengthwise.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of butter.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of olive oil (or better yet a few tbsp. of bacon drippings!).
- It’s 1 tbsp. of Dijon mustard.
- You need 1 tbsp. of honey.
- Prepare of Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.
However, by caramelizing your brussels sprouts and adding some. Add the brussels sprouts, cut side down, and the pancetta. Give this recipe a try, you're going to love the deep caramelized flavors of oven roasting the Brussels sprouts with onions and pecans. Trim any damaged leaves off the Brussels sprouts.
Caramelized Brussels Sprouts instructions
- Melt butter and olive oil or just the bacon drippings if going that route..
- Add brussels sprouts, toss to mix, add a sprinkle ofkosher salt. Cook and stir until brown and tender crisp..
- Stir mustard and honey until well combined, add to brussels in skillet and stir another minute or two until well caramelized..
- Season with salt and pepper.
Prepare these Caramelized Brussels Sprouts for a 'veg-tastic' side dish. Add a cheesy bacon bread crumb coating and some olive oil for excellent flavor. This holiday season, your family will be eager to eat their Brussels sprouts, thanks to this delicious recipe. Caramelized Brussels Sprouts is a recipe I can't get enough of-the combination of bacon and soy sauce caramelizes the Brussels sprouts and makes these mouth watering delicious! But not just any brussels sprouts!