Creamy Brussel Sprouts with Bacon. Sautéed creamy Brussels Sprouts and bacon oven baked in a cheesy garlic sauce topped with bubbling mozzarella and parmesan cheese! This recipe is guaranteed to convert ANY sprouts hating fan to fall in love (me included)! How to make Cheesy Creamy Brussel Sprouts With Bacon?
Creamy Parmesan Garlic Brussels Sprouts are sautéed in a rich, thick and creamy parmesan sauce with minced garlic cooked until soft and tender. These make the perfect side dish! Brussel sprouts have become a favorite side dish for us! You can have Creamy Brussel Sprouts with Bacon using 9 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy Brussel Sprouts with Bacon
- Prepare 10 oz of bacon cut into strips.
- It’s 2 Tbls of butter.
- It’s 2 lb of brussel sprouts trimed. (wash, cut off bottoms and quarter.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 5 cloves of garlic minced.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream.
- You need 1/3 cup of grarted mozzarella.
- It’s 1/4 cup of parmesan.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of cornstarch (optional to thicken sauce).
If you love Brussel sprouts try this Roasted Maple Brussel Sprouts with Bacon, Apple Bacon Brussel Sprouts Salad or Maple Roasted Brussels sprouts and Butternut. Bacon and Brussels Sprouts are such a classic ingredient combination! Last fall I made Dijon Mustard Brussels sprouts and Brussels sprouts Salad. And this year I decided on the creamy and bacon version of the recipe!
Creamy Brussel Sprouts with Bacon step by step
- Works best on a cast iron skillet or pan that can go from stovetop to oven.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cook bacon, remove from pan. Drain most of the bacon grease except 1 or 2 Tbls..
- Add butter to pan and melt.
- Add brussel sprouts, salt and pepper. Stir together for about 6 minutes..
- Add garlic. Stir together for about a minute.
- Reduce heat and pour in cream. Simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- If the cream is too thin, use corn starn to make a slurry and add to the pan.
- Add bacon and stir together.
- Add mozzarella and parmesan.
- Remove from the stovetop and place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- To brown the top, switch to broil for 2 minutes.
- You can garnish with additional parmesan or parsley or thyme or rosemary..
This recipe is a perfect combination of fats, protein and fiber. These are all essential elements to good health. Be the first to review this recipe. Quick and easy to prepare, and not a bad way to get the young'uns to eat the much-hated Brussels Sprouts. The sweet & smoky bacon counters the bitterness of the sprouts.