Brad's Brussel sprouts and cabbage braised in stout. Braised Cabbage with meat, tomatoes, carrots and onions close-up in a pan on the table. Mexican rice with black bean, corn, paprica and tomatoes. Brussels sprouts are little cabbages, which means they can be a bit tough.
Just not so much that you can't get your teeth through them. They have a long growing season, from spring to fall, and thrive in colder climates. Try Ina Garten's classic Roasted Brussels Sprouts recipe from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network. You can have Brad's Brussel sprouts and cabbage braised in stout using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brad's Brussel sprouts and cabbage braised in stout
- Prepare 1-1 1/2 lbs of Brussel sprouts, trim end and cut in half.
- It’s 1/2 of LG head of cabbage course chopped.
- It’s 1 of shallot, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 of red onion, chopped.
- You need 2 tbs of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 lb of cottage bacon, chopped.
- It’s of Sea salt and black pepper.
- It’s 6 Oz of imperial stout.
- It’s 1 tbs of cider vinegar.
- You need 3 tbs of butter.
The key to a perfect roasted vegetable is a hot oven. Cut off the brown ends of the Brussels sprouts and pull off any yellow outer leaves. Both cabbage and Brussels sprouts enjoy a cool climate. Fresh Brussels sprouts: In general, the smaller they are, the sweeter they will be.
Brad's Brussel sprouts and cabbage braised in stout instructions
- Heat butter in a LG wok. Add onion, shallots, bacon, and Brussels. Saute until Brussels start getting soft on the edges..
- Add vinegar and cook off 1 minute..
- Add rest of ingredients. Turn heat to low and cover. Stir every few minutes..
- When everything is tender, plate and serve with corned beef. Enjoy.
The larger, the more they will taste like cabbage. Olive oil: Or your preferred cooking oil. Sea salt and freshly-cracked black pepper: We will use these liberally for seasoning! Although see below for ideas on additional. Forget the Brussels sprouts of your past and try this fast, simple, and flavorful preparation.