Brussel Sprouts with Leeks and Bacon. Brussels sprouts get a flavor boost from leeks and bacon in this holiday side dish. Trim tough ends from Brussels sprouts and cut each sprout in half. Brussel Sprouts pan-roasted with bacon and leeks is a hearty side dish that is packed with flavour and perfect with beef, chicken, turkey or pork.
These brussels sprouts will quickly become a go-to side dish in your rotation! Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Bacon merge the goodness of tender roasted Brussels sprouts along with the indulgence of crisp smoky bacon and loads of sweet garlic. Brussels sprouts always make the top of my favorite veggie list! You can cook Brussel Sprouts with Leeks and Bacon using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brussel Sprouts with Leeks and Bacon
- It’s 250 grams of Brussel Sprouts.
- You need 4 slices of Smoked Back Bacon.
- You need 2 of medium Leeks.
- It’s 50 grams of Butter.
- You need of Pepper to taste (no salt needed!).
I love them baked, roasted, boiled and they're even amazing raw in a. Crispy Roasted Brussel Sprouts With Bacon. These cheesy caramelized sprouts are the perfect side dish any time of year, but are especially One sheet pan packed with both the sprouts and bacon is certainly the easiest route to take, but it won't yield crispy bacon. Instead, you'll want to cook the.
Brussel Sprouts with Leeks and Bacon instructions
- Remove dark tops from the Leeks, then thinly slice them into a medium saucepan.Add the butter..
- Thinly slice up the bacon into small strips and add to the pan.Start to heat it all up gently, stirring to stop any burning..
- Remove stalk ends from the Sprouts and outside leaves. Cut in half, or quarters if the Sprouts are large..
- Add to the pan, and bring up the heat until bubbling nicely, but not boiling. Stir for about 15-20 minutes until Sprouts are tender, (checking by stabbing with a fork!), serve!!.
Brussel sprouts have always been my go-to side dish when eating out. However, I have never been able to find a Cook bacon pieces in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat until cooked through. Uncover the Brussels sprouts, turn the heat down to low, add the cleaned leeks (with any water still clinging to them) and cook, stirring occasionally. I am so happy that this recipe is different than the norm and does not use bacon! I'm not a vegetarian but hesitate to use bacon in cooking because.