Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Ham Skillet. Discover hundreds of ways to save on your favorite products. Brussels sprouts are simply seasoned with salt, pepper, and olive oil, then slow-roasted in a very hot oven until darkest brown. They are the perfect combination of sweet and salty, and make for perfect snack leftovers straight from the fridge the next day!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts Ingredients: To make basic oven roasted Brussels sprouts, you will need: Fresh Brussels sprouts: In general, the smaller they are, the sweeter they will be. The larger, the more they will taste like cabbage. Olive oil: Or your preferred cooking oil. You can have Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Ham Skillet using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Ham Skillet
- Prepare 2 T of EVOO or coconut oil.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 of yellow onion, chopped.
- You need 1 lb of Brussels sprouts, quartered.
- It’s 4 oz of portobello mushrooms, sliced.
- It’s 1 of med. sweet potato, cubed.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sea salt.
- You need 12 oz of precooked ham, cubed.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- It’s 1/4 c of Parmesan cheese, grated.
Cut off the ends of the Brussels sprouts and pull off any yellow outer leaves. Mix them in a bowl with the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roasted Brussels sprouts are wonderfully versatile! Here are just a few ideas of how you can change up the recipe: Add nuts: Toast some pine nuts, roughly chopped walnuts, or slivered almonds on the side and toss them with the roasted sprouts to serve.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Ham Skillet instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- In large ovenproof skillet heat oil. Cook onion and garlic until translucent..
- Add Brussels sprouts, mushrooms, sweet potato and salt. Cook covered, stirring occasionally, until sprouts and mushrooms soften..
- Stir in ham. Use spoon to form four evenly spaced wells in mixture. Crack an egg in each well. Sprinkle cheese on top..
- Bake in oven 10-15 minutes, until egg white cooks..
Then, place the pan back in the oven to finish baking. Yummy, golden cheese will be waiting for you at the end. Toss Brussels sprouts with olive oil, garlic powder, black pepper, and salt. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine and coat brussels sprouts evenly. Transfer brussels sprouts to air fryer basket.