Sautéed Collard Greens, Brussel Sprouts and Corn. It occurred to me that I could probably do the same thing with brussels sprouts. I know that many of you aren't growing brussels sprouts, so you won't have an opportunity to do this. I like to leave mine a bit longer until the corn start browning a bit.
Throw in chili flakes, cumin seeds, fresh oregano, or any other flavors you love. Brussels sprouts also go great with cheese, as evidenced by our Cheesy Brussels. Add the corn, bell pepper, and Brussels sprouts, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. You can cook Sautéed Collard Greens, Brussel Sprouts and Corn using 12 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sautéed Collard Greens, Brussel Sprouts and Corn
- Prepare 3 of large collard leaves.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 ear of corn or on bag frozen corn.
- It’s 2 of scallions.
- It’s 4-6 of Brussel sprouts.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of white wine.
- Prepare 1 tsp of butter.
- It’s 1 tsp of bacon fat.
- You need 1 spring of cilantro.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of stewed tomatoes in chili seasoning as garnish.
Cook until sprouts are softer, but still bright green. As you prep the Brussels sprouts, you may lose a few leaves. Toss them into the pan along with the peppers and corn. print. Ingredients: Brussels Sprouts, raw Mustard Greens Olive oil Salt.
Sautéed Collard Greens, Brussel Sprouts and Corn step by step
- Sauté collards and sprouts until withered. Add corn, onion and bacon fat, seasonings, garlic and cilantro and then stir fry..
- Sauté until tender add garnish and serve.
When hot, add a tablespoon of olive oil. But this recipe is a nice alternative to the traditional southern cooked collard greens loaded with bacon fat. Wash collard greens well then cut of the protruding large stem. Collard greens are sauteed in bacon and butter for a tender delicious side dish! I absolutely love greens of any sort from Creamed Spinach to this easy collard greens recipe!