Cast Iron Brussel Sprouts w/ Bacon. Cook bacon pieces in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat until cooked through. This is the absolute best way to cook Brussels sprouts. High heat searing caramelizes the outside and yields perfect crisp-tender texture inside.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts have had a resurgence of popularity over the last ten years in restaurants. A vegetable most people used to use as the butt Tools Used in the making of this Bacon Parmesan Brussels Sprouts: Cast Iron Skillet: This is my most used pan in my kitchen, heavy, keeps heat well. Bacon and Brussels sprouts are a classic ingredient combination. You can cook Cast Iron Brussel Sprouts w/ Bacon using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cast Iron Brussel Sprouts w/ Bacon
- You need 6 oz of Bacon (diced, cooked in skillet).
- You need 1 lb of Brussel Sprouts, cut in 1/2 lengthwise (fresh is best, but frozen is ok).
- Prepare 1 clove of Fresh Garlic (minced ).
- You need 2 tbsp of Honey (or as sweet as you like).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Soy Sauce (or as salty as you like).
- It’s pinch of Red Pepper Flakes.
Wash Brussels sprouts and slice in half, remove any brown leaves. On a cookie sheet add sliced Brussels sprouts, partially cooked bacon, red onions along with pan drippings and mix well. Pour olive oil over the Brussels sprouts and stir until the Brussels sprouts are evenly coated. When you caramelize Brussels sprouts in rich bacon fat, the sweet-salty combination is absolutely delicious.
Cast Iron Brussel Sprouts w/ Bacon step by step
- Dice, cook the bacon til crispy in skillet & remove when done..
- Stir fry the Brussel Sprouts in drippings..
- Add garlic, honey, soy sauce & red pepper. Stir to coat. Then drop the bacon back in. Heat through..
In a heavy skillet, heat the bacon and oil over medium-high. Shaved brussels sprouts cook in about ten minutes. Sautéing them in a little oil gives me the crispy, sweet, oven roasted flavor, without heating up the oven. Now, this recipe works best in a cast iron skillet, preheated for five minutes. The heat that builds up in the cast iron crisps up the sprouts.