Roasted Brussel Sprouts. Brussels sprouts are simply seasoned with salt, pepper, and olive oil, then slow-roasted in a very hot oven until darkest brown. They are the perfect combination of sweet and salty, and make for perfect snack leftovers straight from the fridge the next day! Cut off the brown ends of the Brussels sprouts and pull off any yellow outer leaves.
The larger, the more they will taste like cabbage. Toss with garlic and lemon juice. Toss the sprouts with olive oil to coat them well. You can have Roasted Brussel Sprouts using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- You need 2 lbs of brussel sprouts.
- You need 4 of ea thick sliced bacon (chopped 1/4"x 1/4").
- It’s 1/4 C of olive oil.
- It’s 1 t of fresh ground pepper.
- It’s of TT kosher salt.
Spread the Brussels sprouts out in a large cast iron frying pan or roasting pan in a single layer with plenty of space between them. On a large baking sheet, drizzle brussels sprouts with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread evenly on the prepared baking sheet. Toss Brussels sprouts with olive oil, garlic powder, black pepper, and salt.
Roasted Brussel Sprouts step by step
- Preheat an oven to 425° F and adjust the oven rack to the middle position..
- Trim the ends of the brussel sprouts, halve and place into a mixing bowl. (Keep the leaves that fall off as they will crisp up and add to the texture and flavor to the dish.).
- Add the bacon to the bowl. (Make sure to separate the pieces.).
- Add the olive oil, salt and pepper and stir. (Be judicious with the salt as the bacon will add salt to the dish.).
- Spread the brussel sprouts out in a single layer on a baking sheet..
- Roast for 15 – 20 minutes, turning half way through, until the brussel sprouts are browned and the loose leaves are crispy. Serve and enjoy!.
Add to baking sheet with onions, and toss to combine. Then, place the pan back in the oven to finish baking. Yummy, golden cheese will be waiting for you at the end. Cook, undisturbed, until sprouts begin to brown on bottom, and transfer to oven. Taste, and add more salt and pepper if necessary.