Augratin Brussel Sprouts. Discover hundreds of ways to save on your favorite products. Once the Brussels sprouts are cold, drain well, and cut in halves or quarters, depending on size. Reduce heat and stir in the Brussels sprouts.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. In a large casserole dish, add brussels sprouts and drizzle with olive oil, then season with salt and pepper. If you are as obsessed with Brussels sprouts as I am, you'll love these! You can have Augratin Brussel Sprouts using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Augratin Brussel Sprouts
- It’s 1 3/4 cup of Milk.
- Prepare 4 packages of Frozen Brussel sprouts.
- You need 2 packages of Bacon bits.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Flour.
- You need 1 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1 cup of White cheddar cheese.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Minced garlic.
- You need 2 tbsp of Butter.
- It’s 1 tsp of Thyme.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Crushed red pepper.
More au gratin recipes I love are Spinach gratin, Spiralized Winter veggie medley gratin, and the classic Scalloped Potatoes Au Gratin. If you don't know what a gratin is, it's basically any main veggie dish with a crispy crust consisting of a cheese sauce and sometimes breadcrumbs, that is. How to Make Brussels Sprouts Au Gratin. Place Brussels sprouts in a baking dish.
Augratin Brussel Sprouts instructions
- Cook Brussel sprouts until tender. Remove any hard stems. Cut in halves and set in large mixing bowl..
- In a sauce pan melt butter..
- Then add thyme, crushed red pepper, garlic, milk and melt in cheese little at a time. Mixture will become creamy as cheese melts. And it will smell yummy!!.
- Add bacon bits to butter making sure everything is covered..
- Add flour to bacon covering bacon. Stir as mixture will stick..
- Once sauce is creamy and cheese is melted down remove from heat and pour over Brussel sprouts and mix good..
- Place Brussel sprouts in a casserole dish and place any remaining sauce on top. Then sprinkle a little xtra Parmesan and white cheddar over the top (I even sprinkle a handful of bread crumbs on too)!.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted!!.
Dice and cook bacon until crispy. Make a simple white sauce with butter, flour, and milk. Add Gruyere cheese to the white sauce. Cook until cheese is fully melted. Pour cheese sauce over Brussels sprouts.