Katies pan fried brussel sprouts. Toss the Brussels sprouts with the olive oil in a medium bowl. Brussels Sprouts resemble mini cabbages and are an excellent source of Vitamin C and K. Brussels Sprouts contain the highest amount of glucosinolate, which helps in fighting cancer.
These pan fried brussels sprouts are so good and having them be topped with crumbled bacon and crispy fried onions turns a tasty vegetable into an incredible side dish. Fortunately, pan fried brussel sprouts with balsamic vinegar last a while in the fridge. The vinegar helps to preserve them, and since they are cooked, they don't wilt or spoil too quickly. You can cook Katies pan fried brussel sprouts using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Katies pan fried brussel sprouts
- You need 1 packages of petite brussel sprouts.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- You need 1/2 stick of butter.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of breadcrumbs.
These pan roasted brussel sprouts are incredibly quick and easy to throw together as a last minute addition to your Thanksgiving spread or as a side dish for any weeknight meal. No need to turn on the oven and wonder about roast temperatures and times. Fill a large pot with a few inches of vegetable oil. In a pan, add vegetable oil and garlic over medium heat.
Katies pan fried brussel sprouts instructions
- place brussel sprouts in frying pan with water, boil until sprouts are fully cooked, depending on size you may need to add more water until they are fully cooked..
- once fully cooked and water has evaporated turn heat to medium and add butter to coat completely..
- slowly beging shaking breadcrumbs over sprouts to fully coat, I shake the pan and flip them to get each one nicely coated.
- continue cooking shaking pan and moving them every so often until the bread crumbs brown..
- once completely browned and slightly crunchy SERVE!!.
Need a super easy, but totally delicious recipe for sprouts this Christmas? Then this Pan Fried Sprouts with Chestnuts and Bacon recipe is your answer. Pan Fried Brussels Sprouts with Parmesan. Toss a handful of Parmesan over the sprouts at the end. Feta and goat cheese are other, super tasty options.