Buffalo Chicken Bites. Buffalo chicken is a classic game day food. If you aren't making delicious appetizers (such as these buffalo chicken bites ?) for your football watching parties something needs to change! These buffalo chicken nuggets are chicken breast pieces lightly battered and fried to crispy perfection, then coated in a homemade buffalo sauce.
Deli rotisserie chicken is the surprising start of this ridiculously delicious cocktail bite. Add as much or as little spicy as you like with bottled Buffalo wing sauce, and be sure to include a cooling touch of. Dip each buffalo chicken ball in flour, then the eggs, then the panko mixture. You can cook Buffalo Chicken Bites using 16 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Buffalo Chicken Bites
- You need of Chicken filling.
- Prepare 1 lb of chicken thighs.
- It’s 1 each of Frank's hot sauce.
- You need small of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 of Bell pepper.
- It’s 1 cup of white rice.
- Prepare 8 oz of cheddar cheese.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
- You need of Dough.
- It’s 3 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 cup of warm water.
- Prepare 1 packages of active dry yeast.
- It’s 1 tbsp of white sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of grapeseed or vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 large of egg.
Easy Buffalo Chicken Bites wrap all the goodness of buffalo wings, in neat little packages to keep your fingers clean. I whipped up an easy creamy buffalo chicken filling with hot wing sauce, celery. These Buffalo Chicken Bites are a perfect appetizer for any occasion! These buffalo chicken bites make a great appetizer for game day and for parties.
Buffalo Chicken Bites step by step
- Prepare Chicken thighs: You have 2 options. Option 1. Put chicken thighs and half the bottle of Frank's in a crockpot, set on low for 8 hours. Shred when done. Or 2. Cook chicken thighs in a skillet with a little oil, shred and add Frank's hot sauce when done..
- Add the onion, bell pepper, cheddar cheese, salt and pepper to the chicken. Set aside..
- Cook white rice according to package directions. I'm lazy and use minute rice. Throw that rice in the bowl with the other stuff. Give it a stir..
- Add the rest of the hot sauce to the bowl, stir well..
- Time to prepare the dough! Put the flour, salt, sugar and yeast in a bowl. Give it a stir..
- Add the warm water and grapeseed oil to the bowl. Stir until combined. Add more flour if it's too sticky, more water if it's too dry..
- Roll out that dough on a floured surface until it's thin, but not too thin..
- Cut the dough into 3×3 squares, or cut it however big you want. Bigger squares mean bigger bites. You should preheat the oven to 375 now..
- Add enough chicken filling to the dough square to fill it, but still be able to wrap it up into a happy little pocket of awesomeness. About 2 TBSP per 3×3 square..
- Keep on filling and wrapping. Set them on a pan covered with a sil pat, parchment paper, or lightly greased with oil..
- Make an egg wash: take 1 egg and keep just the whites. Give it a quick whisk..
- Apply a thin layer of egg white using a pastry brush to each pocket/bite. Sprinkle with some salt and pepper..
- Bake in the oven at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until browned..
- You're done! Serve them bad boys with ranch or bleu cheese dressing and some celery..
This recipe does take a little bit of work because you need to bread all of the bites individually. Buffalo chicken bites make for a wonderful game day appetizer and a fun family dinner idea. But, before you get to the bites, you have to get to the sauce, and a Buffalo sauce that won't "break" is. If you love Buffalo Chicken flavors (read: spicy hot sauce blue cheese chicken concoction), you'll love these. These Buffalo Chicken Bites can be served as an appetizer, or a main dish.