Mexican Rice and Chicken. On days I get home late from the hospital, I'm glad this main dish comes together easily in one skillet. Sometimes, I make it ahead in the morning and refrigerate. It's so quick to just sprinkle on the cheese and reheat it for dinner.—Cindy Gage, Blair, Nebraska.
Mexican chicken and rice is a one-pot meal loaded with flavor. Marinated chicken thighs simmer together with healthy vegetables, black beans, and tender long grain rice. A tasty Mexican recipe with a balance of protein, fiber, and carbohydrates for a satisfying family-friendly dinner. You can have Mexican Rice and Chicken using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mexican Rice and Chicken
- You need of the chicken.
- You need 2 of boneless chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1 cup of mushrooms.
- It’s 2 of chopped onions.
- You need 1/2 cup of black beans.
- You need of the rice.
- You need 1 cup of short grain rice.
- Prepare 2 cups of water.
- You need 1 of finely diced onion.
- Prepare 5 tsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 100 ml of tomato paste.
- You need 200 ml of chicken stock.
- It’s 1 tsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of five spice.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chopped green chilli.
This One Pot Mexican Chicken Rice is a flavour explosion made in one pot! Crispy skinned chicken and Mexican flavoured rice – fast and easy to Stir to coat the rice grains with the onion mixture and oil. Add the chicken stock, tomato puree/passata, corn, beans and remaining Mexican Spice Mix. Rice is cooked with cumin and onion, then simmered with tomato sauce and chicken broth for this restaraunt-inspired Mexican rice recipe.
Mexican Rice and Chicken instructions
- To make the chicken: slice the boneless skinless chicken breasts into bite sized pieces. marinate in salt and pepper to taste..
- In a pan, cook the onion and mushroom on high heat for 3 minutes. then lower heat and cover with lid to let the mushroom flavour come out..
- Add chicken and cover with lid. keep on low heat and let cook until chicken is well done..
- Remove from stove and add the beans..
- To make the rice: in a pot, place your rice and water and bring to a boil, then lower heat and cover with lid. Allow it to cook for 20 minutes..
- In a separate pan, cook the onion, garlic and chilli in 100ml of chicken stock. use low heat to soften the onion..
- Add the tomato paste, the spices and the remaining chicken stock..
- Once the rice is fully cooked, add it to the pan and combine well. let it all cook together for 5 mins..
- Garnish with chopped spring onion and chilli. serve with lime wedge and tortillas..
Stir in onions and cook until tender. Stir in tomato sauce and chicken broth; bring to a boil. Hi Guys, today I'll show you How to Make a Mexican Style Rice and Chicken. This is one of my favorite recipes to use leftover cooked chicken. Push chicken to the side and add a teaspoon of oil to the empty side of the pan.