Pumpkin and spinach pie – kibbet lakteen bil saynieh. Apart from being delicious, "Pumpkin Kibbeh"is super healthy! Pumpkin and spinach pie – kibbet lakteen bil saynieh. Pumpkin kibbeh (kibbet lakteen). "This recipe from our dear friend Lebanese home cook Judy Saba is a version of her mother's recipe, made communally with relatives each year during the period of Lent.
In this video I'll show you how easy it is to make this delicious pie / quiche with fresh pumpkin and fresh. This spinach pie isn't really Greek flavored, but I love it all the same. There are many, many ways to make a spinach pie and this weekend I was most You can make spinach pies in a square, or as individually folded rectangles, but I like this easy "fold over" pie dish method. You can cook Pumpkin and spinach pie – kibbet lakteen bil saynieh using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pumpkin and spinach pie – kibbet lakteen bil saynieh
- You need 1 kg of canned pumpkin puree.
- Prepare 2 cups of fine bulgur.
- You need 2 tablespoons of flour.
- Prepare 4 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need of – For the filling:.
- It’s 500 g of spinach, shredded.
- You need 1/2 cup of canned chickpeas.
- You need 1 cup of walnuts, coarsely ground.
- Prepare 2 of medium onions, finely chopped.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of olive oil.
- You need 4 tablespoons of pomegranate syrup, if available.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of white pepper.
Freshly made pie dough filled in with a diverse mixture ranging from peppers, pumpkin, herbs to cottage cheese, leeks and celery, baked and served with. Pumpkin kibbeh (Food Safari Earth)Source: Food Safari Earth. Ingredients of Pumpkin and Spinach Pie. For the crust/pastry Key Ingredients: Flour, Butter, Parmesan cheese, Black pepper (cracked), Rosemary leaves, Cold water, Salt, Onion, Olive oil, Leeks, Celery, Garlic, Spinach (blanched), Pumpkin (peeled/diced).
Pumpkin and spinach pie – kibbet lakteen bil saynieh step by step
- Strain very well the pumpkin puree. It is very important to drain all the water from it..
- Put the drained pumpkin in a food processor and add the bulgur, flour and salt. Blend until you get a well combined pumpkin paste. Put the paste in the refrigerator for 30 min..
- To prepare the filling, put the olive oil in a pot over medium heat, add the chopped onions and stir for 2 min..
- Add the chickpeas, spinach, pomegranate syrup, pepper and salt. Stir the mixture over medium heat for 5 min. Remove from heat then add the walnuts and stir. Leave the stuffing aside to cool..
- Preheat the oven to medium heat..
- Divide the pumpkin paste into two parts. Coat a large oven pan with 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil..
- Spread evenly the first half of the paste in the pan so as to cover the entire surface. Top it evenly with the filling then spread the other half of the paste so as to cover the filling..
- Using a knife, make cuts on the surface of the pumpkin pie in the shape of lozenges or small squares..
- Put the pan in the preheated oven for around 30 min..
- Remove and cut into pieces. Serve hot or cold..
For the topping: rinse and spin dry spinach. Peel onion and garlic, chop finely. Spread spinach mixture and cover with pumpkin strips. Pumpkin Kibbeh in a Tray (Kibbet Lakteen) Are you familiar with "Pumpkin Kibbeh"? I am a massive kibbeh fan, and kibbeh recipes are pretty diverse in Lebanon and the Middle East!