Stuffed Cabbage. The magic about stuffed cabbage rolls is that the meat and the rice cook in the cabbage itself. To ensure even cooking, don't use the outermost leaves of the cabbage—they don't have as much. Pour the remaining sauce over the cabbage rolls.
Next, prepare a stuffing of either beef, rice, and tomatoes or of pork, sauerkraut. A cabbage roll is a dish consisting of cooked cabbage leaves wrapped around a variety of fillings. It is common to the cuisines of the Central, Northern. You can have Stuffed Cabbage using 12 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stuffed Cabbage
- Prepare 1 lbs of ground beef.
- It’s 1 of dry onion.
- It’s 1 cup of bulgur.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of rice.
- You need 1 tbs of pepper and tomato paste (1 extra for sauce).
- You need 1 bunch of parsley.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of crushed garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp (each) of cumin, dry mint, pepper, sumac.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1/2 of lemon juice.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of red flakes pepper.
- It’s 3 tbsp of butter.
These stuffed cabbage rolls make a great dinner for a crowd. In this video, you'll see how to make great stuffed cabbage rolls your whole family will love. Stuffed Cabbage Leaves Recipe Video: Learn to make stuffed cabbage leaves with a savory meat and rice filling, cooked in a classic sweet-tart tomato sauce. It was an abundance of dill in my garden that led me to try this.
Stuffed Cabbage instructions
- Find a large cabbage, to find a right one you look for the cabbage that when you press it must feel lose, not hard, and light green color. Now, take off and throw away off outer leaves,.
- Cut end of each the leave, take each leaf one by one, continue until you separate and remove all leaves.
- Do not tear them, after, you fill water with vinegar and keep them in there about 20 mins..
- Prepare the filling: mix your ground beef, chopped onions,with bulgur and rice.
- Add all spices.
- Add paste.
- Filling is ready.
- Boil water, turn off the heat. Take 4 leaves individually and soak in, let leaves stay there about 5 – 8 minutes, until their color turn brighter, put in a colander, rinse with cold water, then put another 4 leaves and soak them in the boiled water, rinse with cold water, repeat until you finish all the leaves..
- Take one of the cabbage leaves on a flat surface.
- Cut away the hard central vein,the piece on the left, is way too small to be stuffed, (we will keep these small pieces aside to place in bottom of cooking pot.).
- Here is another leaf, I cut in the middle then side, veiny parts are very hard to roll, so try to get rid off those.
- I placed walnut size of filling at the base of each leaf..
- Roll (bright green color leaves easy to roll and fold).
- Fold the edges over and roll again.
- I placed ripped or small leaves bottom of my cooking pot. Then Arrange the dolmas in the pan seam side down and side by side..
- Making sauce : 1 tbs paste and boiling water mix, add some salt and lemon juice.
- Pour over dolmas. Cut the butter in small pieces and place on top..
- The liquid should come at least halfway up the top layer, need more water? Then boil it. Place a heavy plate over leaves. First, high until water boils, then low heat, cook about 45 minutes..
- I had left over grape leaves, I used them too. Serve with Turkish yogurt.
- I have stuffing mixture left, before I put it in the fridge I added one egg and made balls, then I sprinkled some flour and shook the tray, to preventthem to stick eachother, and kept them in the freezer about 1/2 hour. They were frozen, then remove them and put in a freezer safe bag.ready to cook any time..
Slice the remaining cabbage; place in a Dutch oven. Arrange the cabbage rolls seam side down over. Stuffed Cabbage is one of my all time favorite dishes. The recipe takes some time, but it's so worth Russian stuffed cabbage is a great dish to make for a crowd. You can cook it ahead and it tastes.