Tabbouleh. Tabbouleh (also spelled tabouli) is a super fresh herb and bulgur salad, with parsley being the number one ingredient. It's dotted with diced cucumber and tomato, and dressed simply with olive oil and lemon juice. We think of tabbouleh as a bulgur salad with lots of parsley and mint.
Tabbouleh (Arabic: تبولة tabūla; also tabouleh, tabbouli, tabouli, or taboulah) is a Levantine vegetarian salad made mostly of finely chopped parsley, with tomatoes, mint, onion, bulgur (soaked, not cooked), and seasoned with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and sweet pepper. Some variations add lettuce, or use semolina instead of bulgur. Tabbouleh is traditionally served as part of a. You can cook Tabbouleh using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tabbouleh
- It’s 3 bunch of parsley.
- You need 1/2 cup of fine bulgur.
- You need 3 of roma tomatoes, diced.
- You need 6 of green onions, thinly sliced including green stems.
- You need 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1 each of juice of 3 -4 lemons.
- Prepare 1 of handful fresh mint, finely sliced (optional).
- Prepare 1 of salt -to taste.
Decided to make this having had Tabbouleh on holiday in Greece recently. A nice side salad for the summer. This simple Mediterranean salad takes little time to make and is extremely healthy. Serve this as a side dish or a sandwich filling; try layering it in pita bread and top it with cold sliced lamb and feta cheese.
Tabbouleh step by step
- Soak bulgur in juice of 1 lemon til absorbed and appearance is dry. Fluff with a fork..
- Rinse and chop parsley leaves. If using mint, chop and add to chopped parsley in a large bowl..
- Add chopped tomatoes and sliced green onion. Toss and combine. Add juice from remaining lemons..
- Add your fluffed bulgur to the parsley mixture as well as the olive oil. Mix til combined, adding salt as needed..
From the book "Mad Hungry," by Lucinda Scala Quinn (Artisan Books). Tabouli salad or Tabbouleh is a simple Mediterranean salad of very finely chopped vegetables, lots of fresh parsley and bulgur wheat, all tossed with lime juice and olive oil. Grab my tips and watch the video for how to make tabouli below. Add lots of parsley and mint and a nice splash of olive oil and lemon juice and that's it. Chill before serving to bring out the flavors.