Kibbeh Labaniyeh. Kibbeh labanieh is a luxurious dish that takes something amazing and makes it even better. Whoever thought of cooking moorish morsels of kibbeh in a rich garlicky yoghurt sauce is a genius. The 'labanieh' refers to the garlicky yoghurt sauce.
In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, pour the water and the rice. Other types of kibbeh may be shaped into balls or patties, and baked, cooked in broth, or served raw. Kibbeh is considered to be the national dish of many Middle. You can have Kibbeh Labaniyeh using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kibbeh Labaniyeh
- Prepare of For the Sauce.
- You need 1 1/2 kg of yogurt.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of starch, dissolved in ½ cup water.
- You need of For the Kibbeh Paste.
- It’s 2 cups of fine bulgur, fine cracked wheat.
- It’s 1 cup of semolina.
- Prepare 1/2 kg of ground beef.
- You need 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of allspice.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of cumin.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s of For the Stuffing.
- You need 1/2 kg of ground beef.
- You need 2 of onions, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 teaspoon of pomegranate syrup.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of allspice.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
Kibbeh in Yogurt or Kibbeh Labanieh. The hollow kibbeh shelled are poached, and added to the hot yogurt sauce. Serve with rice on the side. Kibbeh Labanieh is like most other Kibbeh dishes, this is a recipe involving a delicate mixture of Habra (lean meat paste) and bulgur wheat.
Kibbeh Labaniyeh step by step
- For the Kibbeh Paste:Wash the cracked wheat in warm water. Remove and strain by squeezing out the water if necessary..
- Mix the cracked wheat with the rest of the kibbeh paste ingredients. Knead until you get a smooth dough. You can add a bit of water if the paste gets too sticky..
- Shape Kibbe paste into balls about the size of an egg. Holding the ball in one hand, form a hole in the middle of it using the index finger of the other hand. Widen the hole by turning the kibbeh ball and pressing its inside walls gently against your palm. Make sure that the shell is uniformly thick. It is important to moisturize your hands in cold water as you work in order to give a smooth finish to the kibbeh paste..
- Fill the hole with 2 tsp of stuffing and close it, forming an oval shape kibbeh with pointed ends. Set aside on a tray..
- For the sauce: In a deep pot, strain the yoghurt and add the dissolved starch to it..
- Place pot over medium heat and stir the yoghurt continuously in the same direction until it boils and starts to thicken. It is important to stir continuously for the yoghurt not to stick..
- Drop the kibbeh rolls in the boiling yoghurt one at a time and reduce heat. Allow kibbeh to simmer and cook for fifteen minutes. Do not stir. Remove pot from heat and serve immediately..
The Kibbeh torpedoes or balls are boiled in yoghurt. The Kibbeh torpedoes or balls are boiled in yoghurt. Kibbeh Labaniyeh Kibbeh balls are stuffed with beef and onions then simmered in yoghurt sauce. Use my recipe for arras kibbeh, which are stuffed with househ (sautéed meat and onions with pine nuts), or use the mint-stuffed kibbeh balls in my cookbook, or even simple unstuffed kibbeh meatballs. To make a larger batch of kibbeh in laban, simply double or triple the yogurt.