Easy vegetarian bulgur and beans soup. This vegetarian and vegan black bean soup is an easy, quick, healthy, low-fat, and high-protein vegetarian soup recipe that will warm up your Need it to be vegan? You can make this black bean soup vegan by simply omitting the cheese and sour cream or substituting vegan cheese or vegan. What Kind of Beans Do I Use?
Made with broccoli and cheddar, this frittata is keto, gluten-free and vegetarian and serves up to four. This easy vegetable soup is full of the goodness of carrots, green beans, cabbage, zucchini, and white beans. I decided to give it a try, with one little addition: I added a can of cannellini beans to turn this soup into a one-pot meal. You can have Easy vegetarian bulgur and beans soup using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy vegetarian bulgur and beans soup
- It’s Half of cup dried chickpeas.
- Prepare Half of cup red kidney beans.
- You need 1 cup of bulgur.
- Prepare Half of cup brown lentils.
- It’s of One-fourth cup short grain rice.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 table spoon of powdered dried mint.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Black pepper.
- It’s of Canola oil.
- Prepare Half of teaspoon turmeric powder.
- You need of Lemon wedges to serve.
- Prepare of Extra golden brown fried onion for garnish.
I also increased the seasoning slightly because of the increased volume of. The Best Vegetarian Bulgur Wheat Recipes on Yummly Lentils And Bulgur Meatballs, Vegan Bulgur Chili, Leek, Feta And Bulgur Wheat Patties. Would you like any beans in the recipe?
Easy vegetarian bulgur and beans soup step by step
- Soak chickpeas and red kidney/ pinto beans in water overnight..
- Drain and cook them in enough water in a pot with lid on for about 2 hours. After 90 minutes(30 minutes before chickpeas and beans fully cooked) add lentils. Wash bulgur and rice and drain and keep them aside while lentils not yet cooked. Meanwhile fry the onion in non stick pan with some canola oil until crispy brown. Add mint, turmeric and black pepper and stir few seconds with onions. Remove from the pan and put them in a plate..
- When chickpeas and beans and lentils cooked through, add bulgur, rice and salt. When rice is soft, add onion and mint mixture and continue cooking until soup become thick..
- Serve the soup with lemon wedges..
These easy vegetarian soup recipes have just what you need to cook up some amazing soups, stews, chowders, and more. One trick to whipping up a meat-free dish that's still filling is by ensuring you use plenty of protein-packed ingredients. There are several bean recipes, like the Tuscan white. Welcome to Easy Cheesy Vegetarian, formerly Amuse Your Bouche! I busted out my huge heavy casserole dish for this Tuscan bean and veggie soup – things somehow feel even heartier when they're cooked in one of these rather than a normal saucepan.