Sumac Chicken with Bulgur Salad. Great recipe for Sumac Chicken with Bulgur Salad. A delicious mid week dinner my wife loves! The chicken is lemony from the sumac, with a hint of heat from the chilli.
Ingredients of Sumac Chicken with Bulgur Salad. A simple dressing and a generous dash of sumac spice give this salad its distinctly complex flavor. Grilled vegetables like eggplant, tomatoes, onions, zucchini, mushrooms, and bell peppers may be added to this salad. You can cook Sumac Chicken with Bulgur Salad using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sumac Chicken with Bulgur Salad
- Prepare 4 of Chicken Portions (Thighs + Drumsticks) – More if you're hungry.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Sesame seeds.
- You need of Marinade.
- It’s 1 tbsp of tomato puree.
- It’s 1 tbsp of pomegranate molasses.
- You need 2 tbsp of ground sumac.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves crushed.
- It’s 2 tsp of chilli flakes.
- Prepare of Good pinch of salt.
- You need of Bulgar Wheat Salad.
- It’s 1 of Red Onion.
- Prepare 150 g of dried Bulgur Wheat.
- It’s 1 of vegetable or chicken stock cube.
- You need 2 of Garlic Cloves crushed.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Hot Chilli Powder.
- Prepare 3 of Spring Onions.
- You need 5/6 of Sundried Tomatoes.
- Prepare Handful of Parsley.
- It’s of Salt & Pepper.
RED LENTIL BALLS SALAD Red Lentil, bulgur, tabouli, tomato, cucumber, homemade seasonal pickled vegetables, romaine lettuce with sumac vinaigrette. Bring a small pot of salted water to the boil. Preheat BBQ grill or hot plate to medium-high (if using). Divide the finished bulgur between your plates.
Sumac Chicken with Bulgur Salad step by step
- First mix all the marinade ingredients together in a large bowl. Add the chicken and massage the marinade into the meat. Place the bowl into the fridge for at least one hour (can be longer if preferred)..
- Forty minutes before eating, preheat the oven to 200C, 180C Fan. Boil a kettle for stock. Place a frying pan over a medium heat and add a good glug of oil. Dice the red onion and soften in the pan until translucent..
- Place the chicken into a roasting dish, sprinkle over the sesame seeds and pour over the oil before placing in the oven with a 30 minute timer..
- Over a medium heat, add the bulgur wheat to the onions and heat for two minutes stirring as you go. During this add the garlic, chilli powder and crumble over the stock cube..
- Pour in some of the boiling water from the kettle to cover. Then much like when making a risotto, keep adding water as the bulgur soaks it up, little by little. You may need more heat to speed this process. Continue for around 20 minutes until the bulgur is tender but has a nice firm texture..
- When tender with the liquid soaked up, season the Bulgur Wheat to taste, add the spring onions, Sundried tomatoes and half the parsley. Set aside until the chicken is ready..
- When the chicken is cooked (25-30 mins, check the juices run clear) remove it from the oven. Serve on top of a generous helping of bulgur wheat and top with the remaining parsley..
Add a Middle Eastern twist to your cooking with a touch of sumac. This tangy spice brings a beautiful citrus flavour to dishes from salads and potato wedges to roast chicken. Place vinegars, caster sugar and currants into a small saucepan. Supercook clearly lists the ingredients each recipe uses, so you can find the perfect recipe quickly!. Sumac chicken and green bean salad. olivemagazine.com.