Bulgur Wheat with Mint, Feta and Veggie 'Chorizo' Sausages. Chorizo, Bulgur Wheat and Spinach Salad with Roasted Eggplant and Cauliflowerspaulyseasonalservings. Bulgur—steamed, dried, crushed wheat kernels—is a snap to prepare and goes well with a variety of herbs. It absorbs the flavors of whatever you mix it with.
Meanwhile, place the bulgur wheat and vegetable stock a large saucepan and bring to the boil. Lower the heat to a gentle simmer. To serve, stir the herby dressing through the bulgur wheat. You can have Bulgur Wheat with Mint, Feta and Veggie 'Chorizo' Sausages using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bulgur Wheat with Mint, Feta and Veggie 'Chorizo' Sausages
- Prepare of Serves: 1 person.
- Prepare 80 g of bulgur wheat, pre-cooked according to packet instructions,.
- It’s 1 of red chilli cut into thin rings,.
- You need 3 of chorizo and red pepper veg sausages, (I used Linda McCartney),.
- It’s 40 g of red onion, sliced,.
- You need 1 clove of garlic sliced thin,.
- You need 30 g of small cherry tomatoes, sliced into halves,.
- You need 35 g of rocket leaves,.
- Prepare 60 g of reduced fat feta cheese,.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried mint, or a few fresh mint leaves (alternative),.
- You need of Salt and pepper to season,.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s of Frylight or vegetable/sunflower oil for frying,.
Sprinkle over the apple slices, then the spring onions, crumble over the feta, and top with the roasted fennel. This dish is so mouthwatering and it's easy to make! The number of ingredients for this dish can vary, in this recipe the following. Looking for a vegetarian bulgur wheat recipe?
Bulgur Wheat with Mint, Feta and Veggie 'Chorizo' Sausages instructions
- Take a mixing bowl and add the cooked bulgur wheat. Season with salt and pepper and add the mint and 1/2 tbsp of the olive oil. Stir it through..
- Turn the hob into a medium to high heat. Take a frying pan and spray Frylight to cover base, or alternatively add 1tbsp of vegetable/sunflower oil. Add the sausages and cook for a few minutes, turning when necessary. Add the red onions to the pan alongside the sausages and cook until the onions are slightly charred on the edges. Add a couple more sprays of oil if needed, then add the sliced garlic. Cook for a further minute or two..
- Once the sausages are cooked through remove the frying pan from the heat. Add the cooked garlic and onion to the bulgur wheat mix, then slice up the sausages, gently mix together until everything is evenly combined..
- Add the chopped red chillies, rocket, feta and tomatoes to the mixing bowl with the bulgur wheat in, toss everything together once more..
- Serve up in a shallow bowl, drizzle over the other 1/2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil to finish..
It's a vegetarian (with a vegan option) bulgur wheat pilaf made with mushrooms, green onions, red bell pepper and fresh parsley in white wine and lime dressing Gourmet Vegetarian Tabbouleh Salad With Edamame and Feta Cheese. Super easy to make vegan bulgur wheat salad with chickpeas, parsley, dill and mint, aromatic side dish or light dinner. Bulgur, also known as bulgar or burghul is a whole grain made from pre-cooked durum wheat. Bulgur is a common ingredient in the Indian, Middle Eastern and Mediterranean. A healthy bulgur wheat salad with lots of parsley, tomatoes and scallions dressed simply with freshly squeezed lemon juice, a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.