Brisket braised in red wine and chocolate. For braised brisket that would be both tender and moist, we started by salting the meat (halved lengthwise for quicker cooking and easier slicing and poked all over with a paring knife to allow the salt to penetrate) and letting it sit Cupcake ipsum dolor sit amet chocolate bar halvah carrot cake donut. Slow braising an otherwise tough cut of meat like brisket turns the beef meltingly soft. This dish will warm you on chilly fall and winter nights.
Learn how to make the ultimate braised brisket with Tesco Real Food. This recipe is easy to follow and the beef brisket is super tender and full of flavour. Into the stock, stir the redcurrant sauce, herbs and crushed peppercorns. You can cook Brisket braised in red wine and chocolate using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brisket braised in red wine and chocolate
- Prepare 3 slices of bacon.
- Prepare 600 g of beef brisket.
- It’s 1 of large white onion, chopped.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of carrot, unpeeled and cut into 1/2 cm slices.
- Prepare 2 of celery sticks, chopped.
- You need 1 bottle (750 ml) of dry red wine.
- You need 3 cups of beef stock.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 2 of star anise.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fresh rosemary, finely chopped.
- Prepare 50 g of 70% dark chocolate.
Pour over the beef with the red wine. Brisket of beef is a tough cut from the breast or lower chest of the animal. It has two parts: the flat, or first cut, and the point, or second cut. Make Ahead: The braised meat and its liquid need to be refrigerated overnight.
Brisket braised in red wine and chocolate step by step
- Put a medium pot on medium-high heat. Add the bacon and fry until crisp. Remove the bacon, but leave the bacon fat..
- Season the brisket well with salt and pepper, then brown it in the bacon fat for a few minutes on every side, until it's evenly browned..
- Sprinkle the onion, garlic, carrot and celery around the brisket and let cook a few minutes. Use a wooden spoon to scrape the bottom of the pot, including beneath the beef and veg..
- Pour in the wine and beef stock. Add the bay leaf, star anise, a pinch of salt and several grinds of black pepper. Bring to a simmer, then cover and turn the heat down to low. Let simmer 3 hours or until the meat is fall apart tender..
- Remove the meat from the pot. Fish out the bay leaf and star anise and turn the heat up to medium-high. Add the rosemary and chocolate. Let the sauce simmer until reduced by about half. Using two forks, pull the brisket apart into chunks, then add it back to the sauce. Add additional salt and pepper as needed. Crumble the bacon and sprinkle it into the stew when serving..
ALSO CHECK OUT: Red Wine Braised Short Ribs. But there's a cardinal rule to cooking with red wine. Do not buy something you wouldn't drink. Deglaze by adding the red wine and beef broth, use a spatula to dig up all the crispy bits on the bottom of the pot. Place brisket on top of vegetables and.