Bulgur with tempeh and broccoli. Vegetarian Beef and Broccoli with Tempeh. This is a healthy, vegetarian/vegan take on beef and broccoli, my Chinese take-out dish of choice growing up. It's just as delicious and satisfying!
I didn't use to do this, but I've been getting into the habit lately. I do it less to decrease bitterness—the usual rationale—than to tenderize the tempeh, which I think it. Using tongs, transfer to bowl of ice water and cool. You can have Bulgur with tempeh and broccoli using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bulgur with tempeh and broccoli
- It’s 150 g of tempeh.
- You need 200 g of broccoli.
- You need of bulgur/rice.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of vegetable broth.
- It’s 0.5 tbsp of maple syrup.
- Prepare of olive oil.
Add broccoli rabe and bulgur; sprinkle with salt and pepper. If dry, add reserved bulgur soaking liquid by tablespoonfuls. Dieses aromatische #Bulgur mit #Brokkoli und #Sauerkraut ist in der Zutaten-Kombination eher ungewöhnlich, aber geschmacklich absolut überzeugend. In a skillet heat the oil and fry the mushrooms.
Bulgur with tempeh and broccoli instructions
- Mix together the sauce ingredients: soy sauce, minced garlic, vegetable broth, maple syrup and 1 tbsp of olive oil. Set aside..
- Cut the tempeh into strips. In a pan heat some olive oil and brown the tempeh on both sides..
- Once the tempeh is brown, add the sauce and mix. Add broccoli florets and mix again. Let is simmer for 10-15min until the broccoli is tender. In the meantime cook the bulgur/rice according to package instructions..
- Serve immediately over the bulgur/rice..
Tempeh: Place the tempeh in a large, nonstick skillet. In a measuring cup, whisk together the vegetable broth, tomato paste, soy sauce, garlic Broccoli rabe: Pour the remaining olive oil into the pan and add the sliced garlic. When the garlic begins to sizzle, stir and cook it for about a minute. >> Add the broccoli and stir fry until the broccoli florets turn bright green. Add the broccoli, garlic, bell pepper and chickpeas. Two presentation possibilities:, have the bulgur around a large plate to make a nest and fill it with the chickpeas salad in the centre, or combine the bulgur with the chickpea as a whole salad.