Jollof Bulgur. My Bulgur Jollof turned out absolutely perfect with beautiful perfect individual grains. As a true lover of rice, I can sincerely say Bulgur tasted just like rice. My husband even said he wouldn't have know it wasn't rice.
Bulgur is healthier compared to rice and is a preferred option for nutritionists and Fitfam enthusiasts. I wasn't very keen on trying Bulgur the first time I did, to be honest. Jollof bulgur has the flavours of jollof, but it is quicker to prepare than rice. You can have Jollof Bulgur using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Jollof Bulgur
- Prepare 1 pack of Bulgur wheat,.
- You need of Chicken stock.
- Prepare of Seasoning and salt.
- You need of Mixed vegetables (optional).
It is also more nutritious and healthier than jollof prepared with white rice. Bulgur wheat is whole cracked wheat and has not been refined like white rice. It has a higher fibre and essential mineral content; and is also rich in protein. This Bulgur Wheat Recipe is absolutely delicious, it's Jollof, it has a Coconut flavour and has Shrimps so it's one big flavorful party going on.
Jollof Bulgur instructions
- Wash the bulgur with clean water and set aside..
- Boil your chicken or beef stock, add onions, Seasoning and salt. Set some aside..
- Pour in your washed bulgur and make it the same level with the water, close pot tight and let it boil… Check whether it's cooked, if not, pour in more stock water. Keep checking it till it's cooked..
- Pour in your mixed vegetables and let it steam. Remember, you need steam to cook Jollof, not necessarily the water..
- Fluff up with a fork, serve..
It's actually a Coconut Shrimp Jollof Bulgur. Jollof bulgur is a great healthy alternative to jollof rice. Bulgur wheat is a popular favourite among us here at Sims Home Kitchen, and our readers seem to love it, too! Jollof is a traditional rice dish eaten in West Africa, and it. How to Make Quinoa "Jollof Rice"