Stuffed Spring Greens and Peppers. My family especially enjoys this dish in the summer when fresh tomatoes and green peppers are readily available. In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, rice, basil and remaining salt and pepper. Watch how to make baked green peppers filled with a saucy ground beef, rice, and cheese mixture.
At first I planned to make a meatless stuffed pepper but when I found two links of Jenni-O turkey Italian sausage in the fridge. I couldn't resist adding that to the mix. Stuffed Green Peppers recipe: These are easy to prepare and a delight to eat. You can cook Stuffed Spring Greens and Peppers using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stuffed Spring Greens and Peppers
- You need 2 bunches of spring greens.
- It’s 4 of peppers.
- It’s 300 gr of Spanish rice.
- You need 100 gr of bulgur.
- It’s 1/2 of canned tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chilli paste.
- Prepare 100 ml of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 bunch of parsley (fine choppef).
- You need 1 of large onion (fine chopped).
- Prepare 2 of fresh onions (fine chopped).
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Black pepper.
- You need of Chilli powder.
- It’s of Dry mint.
Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cut the tops off of the peppers and remove the seeds. Save the green pepper you can get off of the tops to add later. These are young cabbages which are harvested before they form a 'heart' and have tender, loose leaves.
Stuffed Spring Greens and Peppers step by step
- First, boil spring greens in a large pan for 10 mins. Carve peppers inside and remove seeds..
- Put the rice, bulgur, onions, canned tomato, pastes, oil in a large bowl and mix. Add salt, pepper and spices. Stir all of ingredients well..
- Cut the middle of the spring green leaves and put rice mix on leaf. Fold both sides and roll. You can use same rice mix to stuff peppers as well..
- Put all rolled leaves and stuffed peppers in a pot. Mix 200 ml water, 2 tsp oil and 1 tsp tomato and add this sauce on rolled leaves and stuffed peppers..
- Close the lid and cook for 20-25 mins..
Add a little luxury to spring greens by stir frying them with nuts and bacon. It also works well with savoy cabbage in winter months. These tasty stuffed peppers make a delicious and filling entree. Use brown rice to increase your whole grains. Wash, and then cook green peppers in boiling water for five minutes.