Legume and grain soup with tahini sauce. Great recipe for Legume and grain soup with tahini sauce. The picture does not do justice to the amazing taste of this recipe. We wanted to cook a healthy meal without any fresh ingredients and came up with this recipe.
It is more a meal than a soup. Roast Cauliflower/Veg Salad with Tahini Dressing. Mix tahini in small bowl and set aside. You can cook Legume and grain soup with tahini sauce using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Legume and grain soup with tahini sauce
- Prepare 400 gram of canned borlotti beans.
- It’s 400 grams of canned chickpeas.
- It’s 150 grams of brown lentils.
- Prepare 100 grams of quinoa and bulgur mix.
- It’s 1 of vegetable stock cube.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of tahini.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
Bring salted water to a rolling boil. Take soup off of the heat. In the small bowl with tahini, add a few ladles of hot soup broth and mix well. Using a food processor or a hand-held blender, blend into a soup.
Legume and grain soup with tahini sauce instructions
- Boil a kettle. Add the lentils and enough boiled water with salt in a large pot to boil for 20-25 minutes. Crumble in the vegetable stock..
- In a separate pot, add the quinoa and bulgur mix with boiled water. Simmer for 12 minutes or until the grains are soft. Drain if you have excess water at the end..
- Add the canned chickpeas and the beans to the pot with the lentils. Boil for an other 10-15 minutes or until the lentils are soft..
- Using a handheld blender, process the soup mix to smoothen it..
- Mix the tahini with olive oil in a bowl. Add a pinch of salt and the lemon juice. This is the tahini dressing..
- Serve the quinoa bulgur mix on top of the soup mix and add some tahini dressing and grind pepper to your liking..
Method for the tahini sauce: Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and mix. Taste and add more salt, pepper or lemon as required. Add more water if needed, consistency should be like a thick cream. Put the tahini, the ⅓ cup water, the tamari, lemon juice, cumin, and cayenne in a small bowl, and stir together. Put the vegetable stock and carrots in a large pot, cover, and bring to a boil over medium heat.