Brown Butter Bourbon Spice Cookies. These browned butter and bourbon cookies are a deliciously unique twist on the classic chocolate chip cookie. Finally, after many days and nights of Despite their appearance, these gigantic cookies are much, much, more than your standard chocolate chip cookie. A nutty buttery flavor intertwines with bourbon and sweetly spiced brown sugar in this delicious cookie recipe.
With mixer on low sweet, add bourbon and mix until it is distributed. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. A fall-inspired cookie recipe with warm brown butter, sweet bourbon and spicy hints of nutmeg, cinnamon and allspice. You can cook Brown Butter Bourbon Spice Cookies using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Brown Butter Bourbon Spice Cookies
- Prepare 1 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 of tap salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of nutmeg.
- You need 1/4 tsp of allspice.
- It’s 1/2 cup of dark brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of light brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 1 of egg yolk.
- It’s 3 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 2 tbsp of burbon.
Note: To brown the butter, place butter pieces in a small sauce pan over medium heat. When the butter begins to foam, stir with a wire whisk and continue to whisk constantly. In addition to the nutty brown butter and aromatic vanilla bean, they are spiked with a generous glug of bourbon. Scrape into a large bowl; let cool.
Brown Butter Bourbon Spice Cookies step by step
- Pre heat oven to 325 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper..
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice until blended well together..
- To brown butter, place small pieces in a small sauce pan over medium heat. When butter begins to foam stir with wire whisk constantly. The color will begin to change and you'll see some brown flakes on the bottom of the pan. Continue to stir until the butter has a nutty fragrance and is golden brown. Remove from the heat and stir until the foam subsides. The whole process takes like 10-12 minutes. Have patience!.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, add all of the sugars, along with the cooled brown butter and using the paddle attachment mix until well blended. It wont be creamy like other cookie doughs. Add the egg and egg yolk and vanilla and mix until well combined. With the mixer on low, add the burbon until well mixed..
- Now slowly add the dry ingredients and just mix until incorporated. Using a cookie scoop, scoop the dough on the prepared baking sheets. Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes until the cookies are just done on the edges..
- Cool for about 5 minutes before transferring cookies to wire rack..
Let cookies cool on baking sheets. Dust cutout cookies with powdered sugar. Stir jelly to smooth, turn remaining cookies over, and spread each with ¾ tsp. Brown Butter Bourbon Pecan Chocolate Chunk Cookies. If you like spice cake, you'll love this recipe!