Ooey Gooey Butter Cake. Ooey Gooey Butter Cake is almost an American classic! I like to serve this ooey gooey butter cake with a light topping of powdered sugar at the end. Butter cake topped with a cream cheese layer is baked into an ooey gooey cake that you can't resist!
The story goes something like this: A baker in St. Louis accidentally mixed up the ingredient proportions for his cake, resulting in a gooey texture. Gooey butter cake (also "Ooey Gooey butter cake", occasionally "chess cake") is a type of cake traditionally made in St. You can have Ooey Gooey Butter Cake using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ooey Gooey Butter Cake
- You need of Crust:.
- It’s 1 box of butter recipe cake mix.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of melted shortening.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vanilla.
- Prepare of Filling:.
- Prepare 8 oz of cream cheese, softened.
- It’s 1/3 cup of white sugar.
- You need 2 cups of powdered sugar.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of melted shortening.
- You need of Vanilla.
Gooey butter cake is a flat and dense cake made with wheat cake flour, butter, sugar, and eggs, typically near an inch tall, and dusted with powdered sugar. Allow to cool somewhat to set topping (slides off when warm). Ooey Gooey Cake was a recipe that first started in St. In fact, my mom first received this recipe from my Aunt Beverly, a St.
Ooey Gooey Butter Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a round cake pan with nonstick spray. Mix all of the crust ingredients in a bowl. Press into cake pan, making sure you make it level. It’s sticky so Wet your fingers to help you press it down..
- In another large bowl, beat the cream cheese with the white sugar til fluffy and smooth. Add one egg at a time and beat til combined. Add melted shortening and combine. Add powdered sugar a cup at a time. Add vanilla..
- Pour cream cheese mixture over crust and bake for about 45-55 minutes. I pulled mine when the pick came out clean but was still jiggly in the middle..
Louis resident, over You can find the gooey butter cake around several bakeries in the area because it is a Missouri staple. It is "the" dessert of that area, and it's a darn good. Gooey Butter Cake reigns in St. Louis, where it's a well-known treat that every family has a recipe for. It isn't as well known outside of Missouri, but it should be.