Butter Prawn with Salted Egg and Floss Garnishing. These prawns are crunchy, juicy, coated with oats, and crispy strips of egg floss. The aroma of cooking butter prawns We developed this recipe several years ago and featured as the exclusive dish on the menu of our cafe. To cook egg floss: Heat up wok.
The luxurious combination of the salted egg yolks and butter flavours the evaporated milk (don't use. I wanted to prepare dinner for my family, so I used Salted Egg Butter Prawns Recipe adapted from Christine's Recipes. I have read a lot of recipes where they DIY their salted egg. You can have Butter Prawn with Salted Egg and Floss Garnishing using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Butter Prawn with Salted Egg and Floss Garnishing
- You need 10 pcs of Tiger Prawns.
- It’s 2 of chicken egg yolks.
- You need 2 of salted egg yolks (boiled).
- You need leaves of Curry.
- Prepare of Birds eye chilli (optional).
- Prepare of Evaporated milk.
- It’s of Butter.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of sugar.
But it was too much of a hassle for me then, so I decided to just go to the supermarket, grab a box of salted duck eggs. Add butter; once butter melts, add salted egg yolks. Keep stirring until mixture turns foamy. Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste.
Butter Prawn with Salted Egg and Floss Garnishing instructions
- Add butter and some oil to wok and create a swirling motion, then add in the egg yolks and continue the swirling until bubble foam appear and brownish color and set aside. Let it cool down and you will have egg yolk floss..
- The prawn you need to Fly Oil or "Fei Yau" for 15 seconds in a wok of hot oil and set aside. You can also coat with crispy powder or flour to the prawn and fry it to make it crspier for dry style. Set the prawn aside..
- Add in butter to wok and stir fry some chilli and curry leaves till aroma, then add in 1/2 can of evaporated milk and continue to stir fry. Stir until the evaporated milk dry, to make dry style or leave some gravy for wet style. Add in the egg floss and salted egg yolk and seasoned with salt and sugar. Finally add in the prawn and mix everything together and serve..
Plate up and garnish with sliced chillies, coriander, cherry tomatoes and Documents Similar To Salted Egg Yolk Prawns. Salted Egg Prawns A truly rich dinner that's ready in minutes! How to make Spicy Salted Egg Shrimp: Heat oil and melt butter in a pan over medium heat. Add the salted egg yolks and stir. Break into pieces by pressing it against the pan with the back of a spoon.