Seared Pork Chops with Apple Butter BBQ Sauce. Seared pork chops served with crispy shallots in a quick sage-butter sauce is an easy main dish I like to enjoy over and over again. Meal planning for my family at the beginning of each week is one of my least favorite things to do. Sometimes it feel like, really, you want me to make dinner for … Great recipe for Seared Pork Chops with Apple Butter BBQ Sauce.
If you notice the lack of garlic in this recipe. Pat them dry on both sides with a paper towel then rub the seasonings onto both sides. Place the oil and butter in a large cast iron skillet. You can have Seared Pork Chops with Apple Butter BBQ Sauce using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Seared Pork Chops with Apple Butter BBQ Sauce
- Prepare 2 of boneless 3/4 inch thick pork loin chops.
- You need 6 cups of homemade apple butter.
- Prepare 1 of small sweet onion chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of spicy brown mustard.
- Prepare 1 cup of ketchup.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 2-3 drops of liquid smoke.
- You need 2 tsp of Montreal seasoning.
- Prepare of No-Salt Organic Seasoning (Costco brand).
Set over medium-high heat until the oil shimmers. Pan seared pork chops with apple butter, sage, a splash of balsamic, and a little browned butter…for good measure. It doesn't get simpler, cozier, or more delicious than this pork chop recipe. Great any night of the week with a side of creamy polenta and a colorful salad.
Seared Pork Chops with Apple Butter BBQ Sauce instructions
- Sweat the onion until translucent then add the apple butter with all the ingredients other than the pork chops and no-salt seasoning. Let simmer for at least an hour..
- Pre heat oven to 350°.
- Let pork chops come to room temperature and dust with no-salt organic seasoning while a cast iron skillet is heating with 2 tbsp oil..
- Get a good sear on the pork chops and flip..
- Let sear on the otherside then cover with the bbq sauce and put in oven for about 12 minutes or until done, still blushing on the inside..
Season the onions with salt and pepper. Return the pork chops and any accumulated juices to the pan and nestle in among the onions. Spread a tablespoon of apple butter over each pork chop. Heat until the oil has a white heat, add pork chops, and sear on all sides. Once a nice color is achieved, add butter, garlic, and a sprig of rosemary.