Buttermilk Biscuits. These Easy Buttermilk Biscuits are incredibly soft, tall, flaky, and buttery. Serve these with some jam, gravy, or your topping of choice for an easy and delicious breakfast! These homemade buttermilk biscuits are soft and buttery with hundreds of flaky layers!
Hopefully, you'll enjoy these buttermilk biscuits as much as my family and I do!* After baking hundreds of Southern buttermilk biscuit recipes, our Test Kitchen landed on this winning recipe for Our Favorite Buttermilk Biscuits. This no-fail biscuit recipe will make you look like a pro. Warm and fluffy Buttermilk Biscuits are often the crown jewels of a great holiday feast. You can have Buttermilk Biscuits using 4 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Buttermilk Biscuits
- It’s 2.5 cups of Self-Rising flour.
- You need 1.25 cups of cold buttermilk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup (1 stick) of salted butter, frozen.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter, melted.
But you don't need an advanced degree in southern cooking to be able to make great buttermilk biscuits. How to Make PERECT Buttermilk Biscuits that are tall, flaky, and tender. These Buttermilk Biscuits are fast, delicious, and they are practically no-fail! See my trick to PERFECT biscuits with no fancy tools needed!
Buttermilk Biscuits instructions
- Grate frozen butter using food processor or box grater.
- Stir butter bits into flour and chill in fridge.
- Preheat oven to 450 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make hole in center of flour mixture and add buttermilk.
- Stir until just combined, about 15 stirs..
- Roll dough into long rectangle on floured surface.
- Fold short ends together and roll out into another long rectangle. Repeat 3 more times..
- Roll dough out one to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into 10 biscuits, reshaping scraps as needed..
- Bake 12 minutes. Brush tops with melted butter..
Soft and fluffy buttermilk biscuits, perfectly big yet light at the same time, smothered with a creamy homemade sausage gravy… classic down home cooking! These Classic Southern Buttermilk Biscuits are light, tender, and the perfect match for a slice of ham, melted butter and honey, your favorite jam, or smothered in country gravy! These biscuits are about as buttery as they can get. We love them on their own, but slather them with homemade sausage gravy and. *Tried & True* Deep south buttermilk biscuits! Tender, fluffy, buttery biscuits that are easy to make.