Keto Buttermilk Pancakes. Buy Buttermilk Pancake Mix at Amazon. These keto buttermilk pancakes are fluffy and thick. This recipe for keto pancakes, only has one egg!
Keto Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes are thick and full of pancake flavor without the eggy flavor of most keto pancake recipes. Top them with whipped cream or sugar-free syrup for an extra treat in the mornings. So there's plenty of room to add all your favorite toppings. You can have Keto Buttermilk Pancakes using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Keto Buttermilk Pancakes
- You need 1/3 cup of coconut flour.
- It’s 1 tbs of Erythritol.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of xanthan gum.
- You need 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 2 tbs of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 tbs of melted unsalted butter.
Before you scroll , this post contains tips, tricks, and FAQs about the ingredients and recipe. The batter is easy to make and you can make them on the stovetop in the same way as a classic American buttermilk pancake, or pour the batter into a silicone muffin pan, top with raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, or chocolate. Alternatively, you can thin the batter with a tablespoon or two of water to make the pancakes less thick. Pancakes are a staple keto breakfast recipe of American cuisine, but when you're on the keto diet, making fluffy pancakes is not always possible.
Keto Buttermilk Pancakes instructions
- Combine dry ingredients together (coconut flour down to the xanthan gum).
- Combine wet ingredients in a separate bowl (buttermilk down to the melted butter)..
- Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients..
- Do not over mix. I repeat, do not over mix. The mixture will be thick, but this makes about 4-5 portion sized pancakes..
- Takes a bit longer to cook, but that's ok..
- Heat a little butter in pan and spoon (I used a tablespoon) into pan. Flip when firm at bottom..
- I topped with a little butter and no syrup. One small pancake was enough for me as these are pretty thick, filling and tasty..
This is mainly because keto friendly flours are gluten free and quite heavy and do not work in the same way that wheat flour works. This Keto Sugar Free Buttermilk Syrup is a buttery, salty-sweet breakfast syrup. Also known as golden syrup, it's great on pancakes, waffles, French toast, crepes, German pancakes, Dutch babies, and probably a million more breakfast foods! This low carb high fat ketogenic version will knock your socks off! Browned butter adds a nutty aroma to keto-friendly, almond-coconut flour pancakes.