Three Cheese Buttermilk Biscuits. A: Buttermilk keeps baked goods extra moist and adds that distinct "southern biscuit" flavor. It also helps activate the leavening in the self-rising flour. Three Cheese Buttermilk Biscuits Its tasty to try different cheeses.
Loaded with cheddar and super quick to make, these biscuits are the perfect addition to any meal, or enjoyed as a snack. These cheddar cheese buttermilk biscuits are my favorite biscuits in the whole world. In this video I will show you every step on how to make these incredible Bacon and Cheese Buttermilk Biscuits and you'll see how easy it can be. You can have Three Cheese Buttermilk Biscuits using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Three Cheese Buttermilk Biscuits
- It’s 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- You need 4 ounces of shortening.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese – grated.
- You need 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese — grated.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese — grated.
- Prepare 1 cup of buttermilk or whole milk.
They're fairly simple but the taste will leave. Tender on the outside, fluffy on the inside, it is made without yeast, without shortening, no buttermilk, and no eggs! With yeast, eggs, and butter hard to find, we've been making recipes WITHOUT them. A savory blend of Monterey Jack, Mozzarella, and Gruyere cheese, lightly folded in egg, placed in our rich, flaky buttermilk biscuit, and brushed with extra virgin olive oil.
Three Cheese Buttermilk Biscuits instructions
- Sift together all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Cut in the shortening until the mixture looks like thick shredded oatmeal. Add the cheese and toss to combine..
- Make a well in the center of the mixture. Add the buttermilk all at once. Mix with a bowl scraper until the mixture holds together..
- Turn onto a lightly floured table. Using your hand pat and shape the dough into a circle 1-inch thick. Cut with a sharp, floured biscuit cutter..
- Place the biscuits on a parchment lined half sheet pan at least 1" apart. Bake at 400F until (GBD) golden brown on top and flakey. (About 7 -15min.) Remove the biscuits to a cool tray..
Homemade Pimento Cheese Buttermilk Biscuits Recipe – these are the BEST!! They are also surprisingly EASY to make with a few SIMPLE ingredients. All-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, unsalted butter, eggs, buttermilk, and pimento cheese. Can freeze unbaked biscuits for a quick breakfast later. These biscuits fly off the plate!