Buttermilk Chicken Fried Steak. — Buttermilk Chicken Fried Steak – Fork tender Top Sirloin Steak enveloped in a crispy, crunchy, well seasoned breading, hot from the fryer, and covered with a rich and decadent Cream Gravy. There are so many chicken fried steak recipes out there. However, we all bring our own unique flavor to our recipes.
Pat cube steaks dry with paper towel and dredge in seasoned flour. Soaking the chicken overnight in buttermilk helps tenderize it, and the chicken stays tender when you fry it. Many recipes call for frying chicken in a cast iron frying pan. You can cook Buttermilk Chicken Fried Steak using 18 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Buttermilk Chicken Fried Steak
- Prepare of Steak————–.
- Prepare 1-1/4 pound of shoulder steak.
- Prepare 1 quart of buttermilk.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s of Breading————.
- It’s 2 of large eggs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of flour.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- You need 1 cup of panko breadcrumbs.
- You need 1 teaspoon of seasoned salt.
- You need As needed of oil to fry with.
- It’s As needed of water for thinning gravy.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of onion powder for gravy.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of seasoned salt.
Sometimes we use one of our trusty cast iron pans, and sometimes a hard anodized aluminum pan. Use our food conversion calculator to calculate any metric or US weight conversion. Ounces-Grams, fluid ounces-milliliters, Tsp-Tbsp, Tbsp-Cup The BEST Chicken Fried Steak recipe online! This country fried steak is crunchy, crispy, and beyond flavorful.
Buttermilk Chicken Fried Steak step by step
- Pat the steak dry.
- Season both sides of the steak with salt, pepper, and garlic. Slice the steak in half..
- Put the steak into a ziploc bag and add the buttermilk..
- Put into the refrigerator overnight..
- Beat the eggs. Heat the oil and season the flour..
- Remove a slice of the steak and let the buttermilk drain off a bit..
- Dip the steak still wet with buttermilk into the flour..
- Then into the egg.
- Now cover with the breadcrumbs..
- Fry in the oil turning as needed..
- When done move to a paper towel to absorb excessive oils..
- Repeat with 2nd piece of Steak..
- Take the leftover flour and add to 3 tablespoon of the oil used to fry the steaks..
- Stir till the flour is cooked making a Roux..
- Add buttermilk to the Roux simmer 8 minutes. Stirring constantly till thickened. Add water if too thick. Add seasonings to taste..
- Serve this gravy with the steak..
- I hope you enjoy!!!.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or rice I did both..
Cube steak recipes are taken to new heights. Chicken fried steak is a dish in which a cut of beef, usually thin and from the round, is breaded and fried. All Reviews for Southern-Style Buttermilk Fried Chicken. Chicken Fried Steak is pan-fried in a heavy skillet (cast iron would be great) on medium-high heat rather than making it deep-fried as it is done in most diners. Chicken Fried Steak is a time honored recipe that comes together so fast that I can serve it for If it gets too thick, stir in more milk.