Buttermilk pancakes. Discover hundreds of ways to save on your favorite products. Freeze option: Freeze cooled pancakes between layers of waxed paper in a freezer container. The extra sugar in the batter isn't necessary for buttermilk pancakes, but we like a lot of buttermilk flavor.
The recipe would have been rated higher overall if people would have done that. Love mine with blueberries and fresh maple syrup. To make extra-fluffy pancakes: Mix the batter as directed, but separate the egg. You can have Buttermilk pancakes using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Buttermilk pancakes
- You need 2 of eggs separated.
- It’s 2 cups of buttermilk.
- It’s 3 teaspoons of baking powder.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- You need 1/2 teaspoons of soda.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of melted butter.
- You need 1/2 teaspoons of salt.
- Prepare 21/2 cups of flour.
Add the yolk to the buttermilk, butter, and vanilla; reserve the white. While the batter is resting, add an additional egg white to the reserved white, and whip the two until medium to stiff peaks form. Very light and fluffy and definitely restaurant quality. I also added a splash of vanilla extract to the batter and used brown sugar.
Buttermilk pancakes instructions
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Beat egg yolks add flour and buttermilk alternately.
- Add butter.
- Beat egg whites till stiff fold into batter..
Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and kosher salt together in a bowl. Using the whisk, make a well in the center. Pour the buttermilk into the well and crack eggs into buttermilk. Pour the melted butter into the mixture. In a bowl, sift together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt and sugar.