Oven Buttermilk Fried Chicken. This Oven Fried Chicken is baked in the oven, yet still has so much flavor and a satisfying crunch! I've tried a lot of oven fried chicken recipes using a The recipe comes from my friend Gina Homolka, in her book the Skinnytaste Cookbook, and it's the best buttermilk oven fried chicken I've ever tried. You won't be disappointed by this recipe – it's the BEST Crispy Buttermilk Oven Fried Chicken!
One that gets truly crispy in the oven. After the buttermilk soak, dredge the chicken pieces in seasoned flour, and fry them in hot oil until crisp and golden. Buttermilk Oven "Fried" Chicken – this baked fried chicken is a lighter version of fried chicken that tastes just like the real deal! You can have Oven Buttermilk Fried Chicken using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Oven Buttermilk Fried Chicken
- It’s 200 g of flour.
- It’s 100 g of bread crumbs.
- You need of Paprika.
- You need of Pepper.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Cayenne Pepper.
- Prepare of Garlic Powder.
- You need of Onion Powder.
- It’s 4 of crushed honey and oats granola bars.
- You need 500 ml of Buttermilk.
- It’s 100 ml of melted butter (about 6.5 table spoons).
- Prepare 20 pieces of chicken (which ever you may prefer).
Oven fried chicken gets the same crispy texture from "frying" in the oven! Marinating it overnight in rich buttermilk and a heaping. "I love fried chicken and I have heard of using buttermilk just never tried it this way but, sounds really easy and simple and looks delicious." Keep it juicy inside and crispy outside with this buttermilk fried chicken recipe that would make your grandmother proud. You can have oven-fried chicken that's moist on the inside and crispy, crunchy on the outside—just like pan-fried but with much less fat. Soaking the chicken overnight in buttermilk helps tenderize it, and the chicken stays tender when you fry it.
Oven Buttermilk Fried Chicken instructions
- Coat the chicken in the spices you prefer (paprika, salt, pepper, cayenne, chilli powerder, onion powder, garlic powder etc) and then cover with the buttermilk.
- Let the chicken marinate in the fridge for a minimum of 6 hours in the spice and buttermilk mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, bread crumbs, crushed gronola bars and spices together. Remember this is the coating off the chicken so make sure it has alot of flavour..
- Once the dry ingredients are mixed together and the chicken has marinated in the marinated. Remove the pieces of chicken from the marinade and coat them in the dry seasoning..
- Once all you chicken has been marinated and then coated with the seasoning, place the pieces on a baking try and brush the top of the chicken peices with the melted butter for golden crispy chicken..
- Bake in the oven for 35-45min at 210 Celsius which is 410 Fahrenheit. (Don't forget to preheat the oven).
It shouldn't overcook on the outside if you. This Buttermilk Ranch Oven-Fried Chicken is bound to become a new family favorite! This recipe is perfect for a quick and easy dinner any night of the week! The chicken comes out so juicy and moist on the inside and crunchy on the outside – just the way we like it! Dutch oven chicken makes perfect crispy golden fried chicken.