Baked buttermilk oatmeal. Healthy baked oatmeal recipe with buttermilk and a bit of favourite jam. This thing below is fantastically delishhh. Just have it for brunch. baked buttermilk oatmeal.
Remember, this dough has oatmeal in it, which will continue to soak up the liquids in the bread during. Why Do We Need Buttermilk Anyway? Chopped oats provide these pancakes with plenty of texture and a satisfying nutty, earthy taste. You can cook Baked buttermilk oatmeal using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baked buttermilk oatmeal
- You need 50 g (1/4 cup) of light brown soft sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 55 g (1/4 cup) of coconut or groundnut oil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of bicarbonate of soda.
- You need 125 g (1 1/4 cup) of rolled oats.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of fine salt.
- You need 80 g (1/3 cup) of buttermilk.
- It’s 3 of heaped tsp of your favourite jam.
- It’s 1 of little butter for the dish.
Oatmeal pancakes are sure to please any palate but those sensitive to gluten will be especially. Baked oatmeal is just oats baked into a custard. So think of it like bread pudding, but made with oats This freezable Oatmeal Cookie Baked Oatmeal tastes like an oatmeal cookie's older, more. These are denser than my ordinary whole wheat buttermilk pancakes.
Baked buttermilk oatmeal step by step
- Mix the sugar with the oil in a bowl, add the cinnamon, salt and the bicarbonate of soda. Stir in the rolled oats and the buttermilk until it comes together..
- Butter the sides of a small gratin dish, 18 x 13cm (7 x 5 inch). Alternatively use 4 individual ramekins..
- Spread the jam on the bottom of the dish and spoon the oats mix on top. Smooth the surface with a spoon..
- Bake in the oven preheated to 180C/350F/gas 4 for about 30 minutes until golden and crisp on top. Leave it to stand for 10 minutes and tuck in. Also great with a dollop of yoghurt..
Make up a batch, freeze them in. Mix oats with buttermilk and milk in large bowl. Whisk eggs, flour, honey, vanilla, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt into oatmeal mixture. These are fail-proof oatmeal cookies, chewy and wholesome, with just enough spice and plenty of oatmeal. Pancakes made with buttermilk and two kinds of oatmeal make a satisfying and healthful breakfast.