Buttermilk Pancakes. Freeze option: Freeze cooled pancakes between layers of waxed paper in a freezer container. The extra sugar in the batter isn't necessary for buttermilk pancakes, but we like a lot of buttermilk flavor. We had been making Mom's Buttermilk Pancakes for months now.
Love mine with blueberries and fresh maple syrup. To make extra-fluffy pancakes: Mix the batter as directed, but separate the egg. Add the yolk to the buttermilk, butter, and vanilla; reserve the white. You can cook Buttermilk Pancakes using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Buttermilk Pancakes
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- You need 1 1/4 cups of buttermilk.
- You need 2 of each egg — lightly beaten.
- It’s 1 ounce of butter — melted.
- You need as needed of pan spray.
While the batter is resting, add an additional egg white to the reserved white, and whip the two until medium to stiff peaks form. Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and kosher salt together in a bowl. Using the whisk, make a well in the center. Pour the buttermilk into the well and crack eggs into buttermilk.
Buttermilk Pancakes instructions
- Sift together the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the vanilla, buttermilk, eggs, and melted butter..
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry. Stir with a wire whisk to combine. (The batter will be slightly lumpy.).
- Spray the griddle or skillet lightly with the pan spray; the griddle or pan should be moderately hot. Drop a spoonful of batter to test if it is ready and adjust heat as needed..
- Drop the batter onto the griddle, using a two ounce ladle, leaving about one inch of space between pancakes..
- Cook the pancakes until the bottom is brown, the edges begin to dry, and bubbles begin to break the surface of the batter Turn the pancakes and cook them until the second side is brown. Repeat, using the remaining batter..
Pour the melted butter into the mixture. In a bowl, sift together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt and sugar. In a separate bowl or jug, mix together the buttermilk, milk, eggs and butter. The secret ingredient to pancakes is buttermilk. I've had millions of pancakes in my time and tried many pancake recipes.