Buttermilk Corn Muffins. The aroma of home-baked corn muffins is almost as good as eating them! And while each treat is moist and corny on its own. Cornbread muffins are the perfect choice to serve with bean dishes, chili, or greens.
I am impressed that I could change the recipe so much. Sweet, buttermilk cornbread muffins that are super easy to make and super tasty too. Don't get me wrong, I love that good southern corn bread, but these babies are west coast corn bread muffins. You can have Buttermilk Corn Muffins using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Buttermilk Corn Muffins
- You need 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 1 of + 1/8 cups buttermilk plus a little more for brushing at the end.
- It’s 1/3 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 3 Tablespoons of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 of + 1/4 cups all purpose flour.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of corn meal (fine or medium ground).
- Prepare 4 teaspoons of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
Here is a little somthin extra for you to make with your next meal, whether its breakfast, brunch or dinner. You can serve these next to eggs or. These Buttermilk Corn Muffins are wonderful for breakfast, and just as delicious served alongside a bowl of chili. Just slather on some melted butter and more of our delicious Tomato Jam!
Buttermilk Corn Muffins step by step
- Preheat the oven to 400F..
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the egg, buttermilk, sugar, vegetable oil, and sour cream until they're thoroughly incorporated..
- Sift the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt into the wet mixture and stir until all the ingredients are just thoroughly combined and no more. (It's very important to resist the urge to stir the batter to a smooth consistency. When you do that, you can overwork the gluten in the flour, which results in a more dense and chewy texture to the muffin, which is not what we want here.) Let the batter sit for 10 to 30 minutes..
- Pour the batter into 10 to 12 even portions into a buttered or lined muffin tin (I use silicone molds), and bake for 15 to 18 minutes, depending on the size (more time for fewer muffins, less time for more)..
- If you'd like a little extra browning like you see in the photo, before the last 4 minutes of baking, brush the top of each muffin with a little buttermilk. (Or you can just take a stick of butter and run it once over the tops. The heat does the melting, and I save a dirty dish. 😉 ).
Reviews for: Photos of Buttermilk Corn Muffins. Buttermilk Corn Muffins. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Honey Cornbread Muffins are slightly sweet, with a moist cake-like crumb from buttermilk and This cornbread muffin recipe incorporates equal parts all-purpose flour and yellow corn meal. Buttermilk corn muffins are made with buttermilk mix and cornmeal for a smooth taste and a high nutrition value. Simply baked and easy to prepare, this recipe can have added ingredients like nuts.