Upstate NY Buttermilk Pound Cake. This buttermilk pound cake is yummy on its own, or even better served with strawberries, blackberries or blueberries and whipped cream. It is also heavenly with grilled peaches! This cake takes just a matter of minutes of active prep time, but it is so delicious!
This pound cake can also be baked in a well-greased and flou. Here are some examples of the best recipes from this application: Pecan Black Currant Pound Cake Mini Marbled Pound Cake Apricot Pound Cake Cream Cheese Pound Cake Marble Pound Cake With Dry Fruits Upstate Ny Buttermilk Pound Cake Ricotta Cheese Pound Cake Quick Pound Cake Dessert Pound Caketea Cake By Nancy All Butter Pound Cake Orange Pound. Buttermilk makes this stir-together cake super tender, but you can use any milk you have in its place Same goes for the fruit: Use your favorite frozen berries, or a combination, but frozen cherries, mango or peaches work as well Just cut any big fruit pieces into bite-size pieces before folding into the batter Repeat with the remaining flour and buttermilk. You can have Upstate NY Buttermilk Pound Cake using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Upstate NY Buttermilk Pound Cake
- It’s 3 cups of sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of shortening.
- It’s 5 of large eggs.
- You need 3 cups of flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- You need 1 tsp. of baking soda.
- It’s 1 cup of buttermilk (may substitute sour milk).
- It’s 1 tsp. of vanilla.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of lemon extract.
Add the lemon juice and mix to combine. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. The top of the cake will be lightly browned, and the sides will shrink slightly from the pan. This buttermilk chocolate cake is a serious favorite right now.
Upstate NY Buttermilk Pound Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F..
- Grease and flour 2 bread pans (or a Bundt pan)..
- Cream together sugar and shortening with an electric mixer..
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition..
- In a separate bowl combine flour, salt, and baking soda..
- Add the flour mixture alternatively with buttermilk until all are used and mixed gently together. Be VERY careful not to overbeat..
- Gently fold in vanilla and lemon extract..
- Pour into prepared pans and bake approximately 60 minutes until done..
Anyway, I decided it was time to go the buttermilk pound cake route and woo, so glad I did that! This is one of the best bundt cake recipes, especially since I topped it off with some browned butter glaze. No one can ever get enough of that glaze! This buttermilk pound cake recipe is always moist, dense, and delicious! It's the perfect base for berries or other fruit because it's not too sweet.