Texas Buttermilk Pie. I have a sneakin' suspicion that this pie is made in more places than Texas, but I was unfamiliar with it. So I saw this recipe from Debi. How to make Texas Pie Company's Buttermilk Pie – prep & cook time, serving size, nutritional info, ingredients.
It is similar to, and sometimes confused with, chess pie but it does not include cornmeal. The basic filling consists of a mixture of sugar, butter, eggs, buttermilk, and wheat flour. We are trying more new-to-us goodies from Texas! You can have Texas Buttermilk Pie using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Texas Buttermilk Pie
- It’s 1 of preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- It’s 1 of frozen deep dish pie crust (9").
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 3 of fresh eggs.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of buttermilk.
- It’s 1/4 cup of melted unsalted butter (salted is ok).
- Prepare 1 of zest and juice of 1 small lemon.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of grated nutmeg.
These were sent to us in a second box by Eric, a friend and fellow YouTube viewer. Texas Two Step Buttermilk Pie Recipe. Perfect blend of sugar, butter, vanilla, creamy, tangy and a Texas Two-Step Buttermilk Pie. I have a sneakin' suspicion that this pie is made in more places than.
Texas Buttermilk Pie step by step
- Beat together sugar and eggs until mixture is light yellow in color..
- Add in flour and mix to combine well..
- Add buttermilk, melted butter, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla extract to the mixture. Mix to combine well. You can substitute 2 teaspoons of bottled lemon juice if you don't have a lemon..
- Pour mixture into frozen pie crust. Sprinkle grated nutmeg on top of pie. Bake at 350°F approximately 40-50 minutes. Depending on your oven, it may take a little longer. Check at 40 minutes. Custard will be done when a wooden toothpick comes out clean when inserted..
- There is no substitute for the buttermilk in this recipe. If not using a deep dish pie crust, this will probably make 2 regular pies. Enjoy..
Buttermilk Pie is a classic, traditional pie in the south. Buttermilk Pie is a classic pie recipe well loved for generations in my family. A custardy pie that comes together quickly and easily with a light. This is the treasured "Golden Oldie" that my grandmother made so often whenever we'd come to visit. Grandma grew her own pecans, and we never tired of cracking them.