Buttermilk Cornbread. Grandmother's Buttermilk Cornbread. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This cornbread is the classic buttermilk cornbread you'll find throughout the South. There's generally no sugar added to Southern cornbread, but if you prefer sweeter cornbread, add a few tablespoons.
Transfer to a wire rack with a large spatula and let cool completely. This is an easy, quick, buttermilk cornbread recipe that can be mixed up in minutes. Slightly sweetened (without being too sweet) and moist (thanks to the buttermilk), this cornbread is the. You can have Buttermilk Cornbread using 8 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Buttermilk Cornbread
- It’s 1 cup of Yellow cornmeal-NOT cornmeal mix.
- It’s 1 cup of All purpose flour.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Sugar.
- You need 4 tsp of Baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 cup of Buttermilk.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Oil plus about 3 tbls for the skillet.
This really is the best buttermilk cornbread! No matter how you slice it, it's always devoured within minutes! The Best Buttermilk Cornbread. by Natalie. Buttermilk Cornbread. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.
Buttermilk Cornbread step by step
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place 3 tablespoons oil in iron skillet and let it heat up in the oven while you prepare the batter..
- Mix all dry ingredients with a whisk. Add all your wet ingredients and stir til well mixed. When skillet is sizzling put batter in and bake in oven til golden brown, about 20-30 minutes..
Delicious buttermilk cornbread muffins with a hint of sweetness. They're perfect with a pat of Cornbread made as muffins is one of the easiest ways to add bread to a meal. This buttermilk cornbread isn't your typical cornbread. And it's prompting folks who've tried it to say stuff like, "Wow!" "Heavenly." "The best cornbread we've ever had." See more ideas about Cornbread, Buttermilk cornbread and Food recipes. "This is the best cornbread recipe I've ever encountered!