Popeye's Buttermilk Biscuits (copy cat recipe). Great recipe for Popeye's Buttermilk Biscuits (copy cat recipe). They're delicious and my son started eating them up with jam. Delight your family with homemade Popeyes' buttermilk biscuits from Top Secret Recipes.
Buttermilk: You can substitute whole milk for buttermilk if desired. Acidic buttermilk isn't needed in order for the biscuits to rise since we're using baking powder. When my kids who don't even like KFC or Popeye's biscuits ask for second and third helpings of this, I know this is a winning recipe! You can have Popeye's Buttermilk Biscuits (copy cat recipe) using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Popeye's Buttermilk Biscuits (copy cat recipe)
- It’s 2 cup of All purpose flour (I used unbleached).
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Unsalted butter, cold.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Buttermilk.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Milk.
- You need 1 of Butter, to brush on top.
Since Popeye's makes one of our favorite buttery, tender biscuits in the city, we thought it would have excellent stuffing potential. The Best Bisquick Buttermilk Biscuits Recipes on Yummly Buttermilk Biscuits With Chives And Parmesan, Cracker Barrel's Buttermilk Biscuits copy Kat, Perfect Gluten Free Buttermilk Biscuits. Popeye's Buttermilk Biscuits (copy cat recipe) Recipe by.
Popeye's Buttermilk Biscuits (copy cat recipe) instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°F..
- Mix together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a medium bowl..
- Slice cold butter into cubes and use a pastry knife or potato masher to cut butter into dry mixture until no large chunks of butter remain..
- Add buttermilk and milk and stir with a spoon until dough forms..
- Roll out to 1/2-inch thick on a floured surface..
- Cut biscuits with a 3-inch biscuit cutter and arrange on a lightly greased or parchment paper lined baking sheet..
- Bake for 22 to 24 minutes or until tops begin to turn light brown..
- Remove biscuits from the oven and cool for a couple of minutes, then brush each biscuit top with melted butter..
Last week my mom was visiting from Manteca (the town where I grew up, about an hour away. I'm so sorry to hear that Katherine! I like a biscuit to have a distinct salty flavor for snacking on with butter and honey or jam (like the biscuits at Popeye's! Any recipe valued at that level is unlikely to be well-known, likely to be well-guarded, and certainly wouldn't be on the internet. I've looked at enough copycat recipes for their biscuits to see that they span the gamut of buttermilk biscuit.