Simple Buttermilk Biscuits. Discover hundreds of ways to save on your favorite products. Find Deals on Pillsbury Buttermilk Biscuits in Bread & Pastries on Amazon. These easy buttermilk biscuits are a lazy weekend morning necessity at our house.
Not only are they easy, but they're also […] Easy Buttermilk Biscuits. Making perfect, mile-high, tender, flaky biscuits is an art for sure. But it doesn't have to be super complicated. You can cook Simple Buttermilk Biscuits using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Simple Buttermilk Biscuits
- It’s 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of butter, cubed and very cold.
- Prepare 1 cup of buttermilk.
I use a "vegetable peeler" to grate an entire stick of butter. So quick and so much easier! Toss those long thin flakes of butter with the dry ingredients to keep them from sticking back together. The best buttermilk biscuits I've made since I began my quest for the perfect biscuit.
Simple Buttermilk Biscuits step by step
- Preheat oven to 400 degees. Place flour, baking soda & powder and salt in food processed..
- I keep my butter in the freezer to get extra cold while gathering my other ingredients. Add butter to food processer and pluse 1-3 times until the mixture resembles coarse sand..
- Add buttermilk in batches, pulse after each addition of buttermilk. Stop pulsing when dough is just combined..
- Dump dough onto floured surface. Pat dough together, handling it as little as possible. Cut out biscuits, reuse the leftover dough by kneading a few times and patting out again. The biscuits made from rerolled dough will not be as fluffy as the first batch..
- Place biscuits on a non-stick baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 mins or until golden & fluffy..
- You can freeze these biscuits on baking sheet until frozen through. Place in storage bag to use at a later date. To bake from freezer, preheat oven to 400°F and bake for 20 mins..
After baking hundreds of Southern buttermilk biscuit recipes, our Test Kitchen landed on this winning recipe for Our Favorite Buttermilk Biscuits. This no-fail biscuit recipe will make you look like a pro, even if this is your first attempt at biscuit-making. The instructions below are precise for a. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.