Buttermilk fried chicken. Chicken is so moist and crispy. Buttermilk the Key to Perfect Fried Chicken. Soaking the chicken overnight in buttermilk helps tenderize it, and the chicken stays tender when you fry it.
How to make buttermilk fried chicken tenders. Begin by combining the chicken tenderloins with a mixture of buttermilk, paprika, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and salt. Here is a basic yet delicious recipe for buttermilk fried chicken, with a crisp crust and luscious interior. You can have Buttermilk fried chicken using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Buttermilk fried chicken
- Prepare 1 of fryer chicken, cut up.
- It’s 1 of oil, for frying.
- It’s of buttermilk marinade.
- You need 1/2 gallon of buttermilk.
- It’s 2 tbsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 2 tsp of hot sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of pepper.
- It’s of flour dredge.
- Prepare 2 cup of flour.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
Learn this recipe and perfect your frying technique, and then expand your fried chicken repertoire. The egg-enriched buttermilk mixture makes for an especially crunchy and craggy coating for this fried chicken recipe. Lightly season buttermilk and soak the chicken pieces in the marinade for several hours. Eat buttermilk fried chicken while it's hot or enjoy cold leftovers the next day.
Buttermilk fried chicken instructions
- Place all marinade ingredients in a plastic zip top bag and squish to combine..
- Add chicken to buttermilk mixture and place on countertop for 1 hour, turning occasionally..
- Place about 2" oil in large shallow pan and preheat over medium high to 350°. (Oil should be hot but not screaming hot.).
- Place all flour dredge ingredients in large paper bag. Add chicken pieces, fold top of bag over to close, and shake well. -or- mix dredge ingredients on a plate and turn chicken on plate to coat..
- When oil is hot, place thighs in oil, skin side down. Wait 1 minute then add the breasts, skin side down. Wait 2 minutes then add the legs. Wait 2 minutes then add the wings, if there is room in the pan. Don't overcrowd the pan. Try to maintain oil temp of 350°..
- Cook chicken until golden brown on the first side, then turn, about 9 minutes after adding the wings. Cook on the other side until golden, about 10 minutes. Check chicken for doneness… meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of meat should read 165°..
- Remove chicken and drain on another large paper bag. Serve immediately..
We aim to create a space that elevates the perception of. "Fried Chicken is the perfect family-style dish that's served during [a football game], and it can even be prepared ahead of time so you don't miss the first touchdown." This Buttermilk Fried Chicken recipe is crispy and flavorful on the outside, and juicy and tender on the inside! This is Jack sharing our recipe today. This is the Best Buttermilk Fried Chicken Recipe ever! Our long search has finally ended. BUT, we finally figured out the right formula for the best buttermilk fried chicken recipe ever.