Buttermilk Cheddar Bacon Bread. Give your family the bed-and-breakfast treatment by making Buttermilk Cheddar-Bacon Bread—from scratch! In a separate bowl, whisk egg, buttermilk and butter until blended. Add egg mixture to the flour mixture along with the bacon, cheese and chives; stir just until moistened.
This flavourful bread can be baked ahead of time. Give your family the bed-and-breakfast treatment by making Buttermilk Cheddar-Bacon Bread—from scratch! Add to flour mixture along with the bacon, cheese and chives; stir just until moistened. You can cook Buttermilk Cheddar Bacon Bread using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Buttermilk Cheddar Bacon Bread
- It’s 2 1/4 cup of flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 cup of buttermilk.
- You need 1/4 cup of melted butter.
- It’s 8 slice of bacon crumbled.
- Prepare 1 cup of kraft shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped fresh chives.
Cheddar Bacon Buttermilk Biscuits to be exact. They are laced with little bits of bacon, plenty of cheddar cheese, and then you dip them in the most unbelievable MAPLE BUTTER of all times. This post may contain affiliate links. Buttermilk – Be sure to let the buttermilk come to room temperature before making the bread.
Buttermilk Cheddar Bacon Bread step by step
- Heat oven to 350. Spray your 8X4 loaf pan. Set aside..
- Mix first 4 ing. In medium bowl. Set aside..
- Whisk egg, buttermilk, and melted butter in separate bowl until blended..
- Add to flour mixture along with the bacon, cheese, chives. Stir just until moistened..
- Spoon into your sprayed 8X4 loaf pan. Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until done. Cool in pan 15 minutes. Then cool on wire rack..
Butter – Unsalted butter is best since a good amount of salt is added to the recipe. A magic trio of ingredients allows you to get a loaf of fresh bread on the table in under an hour. It is delicious hot and buttered, or cold and smeared with Marmite. Cheddar Buttermilk Biscuits Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.