Buttermilk Brownies ( cake-like ). Rich and fudgy, these Buttermilk Brownies are loaded with chocolate! Topping these decadent brownies is a frosting that tastes like fudge and makes these brownies irresistible! Bars, Cake, Chocolate, Dessert, Quick, Recipe, Snack, Sweet, Video Recipe.
A moist and chocolaty buttermilk cake topped with a sweet and fudgy chocolate buttermilk frosting with pecans. A simple, old-fashioned dessert that never goes out of style because it's so darn good. This sounds like my mothers buttermilk brownies she use to make and I lost my recipe for them. You can cook Buttermilk Brownies ( cake-like ) using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Buttermilk Brownies ( cake-like )
- Prepare 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/4 cup of cocoa.
- It’s 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s 1 cup of hot water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
Buttermilk Brownies are a classic, nostalgic recipe. The brownies are soft, with a tender crumb topped with chocolate frosting! This recipe produces a soft, cake-like brownie with a tender crumb and frosting that you spread on when the brownies are warm. I've made these frosted brownies for so many years, I don't need For frosting, melt butter, cocoa and buttermilk in a saucepan.
Buttermilk Brownies ( cake-like ) instructions
- If you don't have buttermilk then in 1/2 cup milk add 2 tsp vinegar or lemon. Let it sit for 1 min then add it to the mixture..
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet. Mix well..
- Grease a 9 x 9 pan and fill it with the batter. This is my go to pan, you can change it to 9 X 13 if u wish. I filled my pan half way..
- Preheat the oven to 180-190 c and bake for 17-20 mins or till the tooth pick comes out clean..
- Serve warm..
Stir in the sugar, vanilla and salt. They have a great chocolate flavor and a cake-like texture. This quick and easy buttermilk brownies are light, tender and soft and look pretty with a dust of icing sugar. Great to serve with a dollop of ice cream. Since I still have some leftover buttermilk from the blueberry crumble cake that I shared in my previous post, I didn't hesitate to make this quick and easy.