Pork Chops w/ Buttermilk Gravy. I cut them in half, and half a pork chop was. Sprinkle both sides of pork chops lightly with seasoning salt. I like Garlic & Pepper Seasoning salt, but Lawry's is good, so is Old Bay.
The creamy milk gravy is the perfect finishing touch. Dredge pork chops in seasoned flour, reserving remaining seasoned flour for the gravy. In a large skillet in hot oil over medium heat, brown the. You can cook Pork Chops w/ Buttermilk Gravy using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pork Chops w/ Buttermilk Gravy
- It’s 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 2 tbsp of onion powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cayenne.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of fresh ground pepper.
- Prepare 4 of pork chops.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 1 cup of chicken broth.
- It’s 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s 1 of chopped parsley (garnish).
Buttermilk Parmesan Pork Chops are soaked in buttermilk to tenderize them and then coated with a mixture of Panko crumbs, flour, seasonings The pork chops available on the market today are much leaner than they were years ago and it's hard to cook them without them drying out and getting chewy. Southern Pork Chops are a simple favorite, easy to make but still so indulgent. The initial crunch, the tender bite of meat and that spice that tickles on your Tender and juicy and downright addictive, these fried pork chops are marinated in a spicy buttermilk then breaded in a flavorful flour dredge creating. Grab a pork chop from the buttermilk, letting any excess milk run off.
Pork Chops w/ Buttermilk Gravy instructions
- place flour in a shallow plate and add onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne, salt, and pepper. mix with fork until seasoning is even..
- cover pork chops with the flour mixture evenly throughout..
- heat up a saute pan with oil over medium heat. place pork chops in the heated oil and fry 3 minutes per side until golden brown. at the same time you may saute onions or mushrooms as an optional topping. remove pork chops from the pan along with the optional toppings, leaving the pan drippings behind..
- sprinkle a few pinches of the seasoned flour into the pan with the left behind fat. mix contents in the pan until flour dissolves. pour in the chicken broth and let it cook for 5 minutes until it slightly thickens. stir in the buttermilk and return the pork chops to the pan . If toppings were sautéed, place them on top of the pork chops..
- simmer the contents for 5 minutes until pork is cooked through. season with salt and pepper with chopped parsley before serving.
Dredge through panko mixture, coating completely. Lay down in skillet and repeat with remaining chops. You don't want them to toughen up. After six minutes, turn off heat and. Stir in the buttermilk to make creamy gravy and return the pork chops to the pan.