Roasted butternut squash soup. Find Deals on Pacific Butternut Squash Soup in Pantry Staples on Amazon. This traditional butternut squash soup will go great with grilled cheese sandwiches and salads through the end of winter. Keep it in mind for the holidays, too.
Add roasted squash and potatoes and pour over chicken broth. To make soup: Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat until hot. The end result is a warmly spiced, smooth, and slightly sweet bowl of soup that will warm you from the inside! You can have Roasted butternut squash soup using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Roasted butternut squash soup
- You need 1-2 of butternut squash-cubed.
- Prepare 1 of white onion-chopped into large wedges.
- Prepare 2 stalks of celery-roughly chopped.
- You need 4-6 cloves of garlic.
- You need 16 oz of heavy cream.
- Prepare 48 oz of chicken broth.
- Prepare of olive oil or extra virgin olive oil.
- You need of kosher salt.
- It’s 3-4 sprigs of rosemary.
- Prepare of sour cream to top.
Toss with olive oil and roast the squash in the oven (as directed), until tender. Soup Butternut Squash Squash Christmas Thanksgiving Halloween Roasting Dinner Party Potluck Healthy Vegetarian Butter Herbs Onions Winter Squash Lunch Dinner Side Dish Make Ahead Holidays Weeknight Dinner Cream Fall Winter Comfort Food Easy. Peel the squash with a vegetable peeler. Place in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper.
Roasted butternut squash soup instructions
- Preheat oven to 450..
- Place squash, onion, celery, and garlic on sheet pan. Sprinkle with EVOO & salt. Place 3-4 sprigs of rosemary among vegetables and roast in oven for 25-35 min until golden brown..
- Place roasted veggies (remove rosemary) into large pot and cover with chicken broth until stew like consistency with a little extra liquid. Simmer on stove top for several minutes until veggies flavor broth..
- Turn stove top off. Spoon contents into a blender. Starting on low, then increasing some, blend until creamy. (*mixture will be hot, allow steam to escape).
- On low setting, continue to blend while adding cream..
- Once mixture is lightened and creamy, return to pot and heat through. Ladle into bowls and top with a dollop of sour cream. Serve..
- I added a little garlic salt and onion powder to taste..
Butternut Squash Soup Recipes Savory, sweet and nutritious, butternut squash is versatile and delicious. We've chosen some of our favorite recipes that showcase this seasonal vegetable. Check out our top-rated winter squash soup recipes. Garnish with sliced scallions, toasted squash seeds, or shrimp. This easy butternut squash soup recipe is completely dairy-free!