Sweet and Spicy Roasted Butternut Squash. Jump to the Sweet and Spicy Roasted Butternut Squash Recipe or read on to see our tips for making it. Peeling and dicing butternut squash may just be the worst kitchen task ever. It takes forever, your hands get that weird film on them, and you can consider yourself very lucky if you finish the task with all ten fingers intact..honey-roasted squash, tender and juicy from the tofu, with the occasional crunch from the sesame-seed garnish and a slight chew from the squash peel I like to serve this dish with more hot sauce on the side, preferably over brown rice or lightly dressed baby spinach, though it's also good served all alone.
I'm pretty sure it is because my family loves spicy… and I. All the butternut squash soups I've seen start with a mirepoix base (or none at all), but I took this on the sweet and spicy route instead, and I'm glad I did. Allrecipes Allstar Jennifer created this soup and serves it up a dinner party. You can have Sweet and Spicy Roasted Butternut Squash using 12 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet and Spicy Roasted Butternut Squash
- You need 1 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic.
- You need 1 teaspoon of smoker paprika.
- You need 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- It’s Pinch of two of cayenne pepper optional.
- Prepare 1 of \2 cup of maple syrup.
- You need 1 of peeled and cubed butternut squash.
Put the smoked sweet paprika, garlic powder, onion salt. Sweet by roasting the squash first with maple syrup and brown sugar. Spicy by adding a chili in adobo sauce and curry powder. I just had butternut squash soup the other day from Trader Joe's and it was a little too sweet or me.
Sweet and Spicy Roasted Butternut Squash step by step
- Line baking pan with foil. Coat foil lightly with olive oil. Peel butternut squash, cut into 1 inch cubes. Toss and coat squash in seasoning mixture and spread out on foiled and greased pan. Roast 25 mins in a *375 degree oven and turn/flip squash. At this point I mixed another 1 tbls Olive Oil, 1 tbls balsamic vinegar and 1 tbls brown sugar together and poured onto the squash. I sprinkled cayenne, (which is optional) and baked another 15-20 or until tender and nicely browned..
I should have added some Chalula sauce to it to spice it up. This simple roasted butternut squash recipe is on rotation at our house all fall long, because it is loved by both adults and children! Don't forget to pin this post Denise Bustard is the creator of Sweet Peas and Saffron, a meal prep-focussed food blog. With a PhD in biochemistry, Denise takes a scientific. This roasted squash has a sweet, spicy and salty glaze of sorts on them, which brings out the dense sweetness of the fruit.